HomeHome  FAQFAQ  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  

Share | 

Should the WNBA have one section for itself?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Yes, It's basketball, so it should get one forum
69%
 69% [ 9 ]
No, Leave those for "Other Sports"
31%
 31% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:08 pm

I say yes, but just one forum not the detailed breakdown like the NBA and NCAA have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:09 pm

I think it should, Noone will use it but it's not fair if we dont!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:10 pm

I guess thats a pretty good idea.

SG Aaron Afflalo
PG Ramon Sessions
6. F Matt Barnes
7. G Norris Cole
8. G/F Xavier Henry
9. C Omar Asik
10. C Hamed Haddidi
11. G Jordan Hamilton
12. G Darius Morris
--------------------------------
This is what Raza chooses to do with his mod powers:
[01:07:13] @ Raza : /molests the fuck outta john
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:10 pm

Come on, I still find some posts to put on there, for the more noteworthy stories. Women's college basketball is more or less covered in the NCAA section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Yea i guess they could have their own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:01 pm

No, we RBT users are sexist....and therefore refuse to grant a section to the inferior females..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Female Posts : 2765

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:37 pm

OH HELL YAH!!
VOTE YES!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:35 pm

My question is are we actually going to talk ball in the section
Or are we just gonna talk about the girls.........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:02 pm

Well from seeing most WNBA posts here, it has been more basketball related than some of the ignorant posts about the league. Sure, the players aren't as good. But we accept that with tennis, volleyball, swimming, gymnastics, and soccer, where men are clearly better at the top level. But that doesn't mean that women's sports, in particular basketball aren't exciting or competitive.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:02 pm

asdfghjkl; wrote:
OH HELL YAH!!
VOTE YES!

Wow, your picture is very intriguing...
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:52 pm

Yes, that way I could rant everyday why the (W)NBA doesn't have a lower rim for girls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:01 pm

Chosen One wrote:
My question is are we actually going to talk ball in the section
Or are we just gonna talk about the girls.........

Well, sometimes we girls get off on a tagent and start talking about the male players as well.
You guys may do that with the WNBA players as well but there are some guys and girls as well that are interested in discussing the WNBA.

Plus, we have sub-sections for college basketball that don't even have much posts in them anyway; so one sub-section for the WNBA would not be too bad for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:05 pm

Kibby wrote:
Yes, that way I could rant everyday why the (W)NBA doesn't have a lower rim for girls.

Well a lower rim would make the WNBA suck more. You'll see dunking I guess, but women's players right now are playing on a 10 foot rim. If the NBA or men's ball was on an 8 foot rim, it would be similar. It would cost way too much to lower the rim anyways since you need new hoops, etc, so let's keep it the way it is.. No one really dunked much in the 60's and much of the '70's for men's basketball before the ABA came in, even though many if not most were able to slam one down.
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:14 pm

thewiz06 wrote:
Kibby wrote:

Well a lower rim would make the WNBA suck more. You'll see dunking I guess, but women's players right now are playing on a 10 foot rim. If the NBA or men's ball was on an 8 foot rim, it would be similar. It would cost way too much to lower the rim anyways since you need new hoops, etc, so let's keep it the way it is.. No one really dunked much in the 60's and much of the '70's for men's basketball before the ABA came in, even though many if not most were able to slam one down.

Unless the rim is lower, there is no such thing as Women's Basketball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:15 pm

Why are taller players successful in the NBA while the smaller guys have better fundamentals?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Kibby wrote:
thewiz06 wrote:
Kibby wrote:

Unless the rim is lower, there is no such thing as Women's Basketball.

Sure in volleyball, the net is lowered for the women, in golf, the fairways are shorter (though the greens are the same, but the court is the same size for tennis, pool's the same length for swimming, and the track is still 400m for athletics. What you're trying to say is that women's basketball is just not as good as men's basketball, or basically, women's basketball doesn't cut it for you.

As with the tall players are better in the NBA, and shorter has fundamentals, that's inaccurate. Fundamentals can be acquired regardless of height. The best hoops players have a combination of size, athleticism (strength and speed), and fundamental skills (shooting, boxing out, etc).
Back to top Go down
Naif
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 2691

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:55 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:03 pm

thewiz06 wrote:
Sure in volleyball, the net is lowered for the women, in golf, the fairways are shorter (though the greens are the same, but the court is the same size for tennis, pool's the same length for swimming, and the track is still 400m for athletics. What you're trying to say is that women's basketball is just not as good as men's basketball, or basically, women's basketball doesn't cut it for you.

As with the tall players are better in the NBA, and shorter has fundamentals, that's inaccurate. Fundamentals can be acquired regardless of height. The best hoops players have a combination of size, athleticism (strength and speed), and fundamental skills (shooting, boxing out, etc).

I actually never knew about the golf part, anyway...

I am not saying women's basketball is not interesting. I am saying i am not interested in women playing men's basketball.

And about tall players, yes tall players can have better fundamentals. but if they couldn't dunk or have rebounds, 80% of them could be out of the NBA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YK (Alive)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 5676

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:29 pm

YES
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/YK13
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the WNBA have one section for itself?   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1