HomeHome  FAQFAQ  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  

Share | 
 

 God damn Blake Griffin!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 6319
Points : 15467
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 28
Location : Ridgefield, New Joizzzeeee (You already know!!!)

PostSubject: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Impressive!!!

Camby doing work 2!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Abdul™
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 2595
Points : 9093
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:32 pm

This thread is soooo kewl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6532
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 am

Magic wrote:
King wrote:
Magic wrote:
Now,you really you lost everything with this

"Shaq is arguably the best man to man defender in the NBA History"

I love Shaq,he's my all time fave player.He wasn't a strong defensive center,sure he was good in that aspect but not as good as his competition during the 90's.All of the guys scored well on him,he didn't really stop anyone...


Shaq is the best man-man defender, can't even deny that retard!

"Skinny" Shaq in the Magic played similar to Michael Jordan his rookie season; Amazi
ng!

No retard,Shaq's not even close to being the best in any category on defense...and don't give me those shits.

Ever heard of Russell,Olajuwon,Rodman,Dumars?



Shaq is better than all of the players you listed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6532
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:47 am

Raza wrote:
King wrote:
Most Centers today suck -_-

Shaq (prime) would eat him r
aw.

Most centers in the early 2000s (when Shaq made a name for his absolute dominance) sucked too.

Defensively? Hell no.

Mourning, Wallace.

Some of the greatest defenders ever played in the 2000s e
ra.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6532
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:48 am

Gimme dat money! wrote:
shaq better than hakeem?! i shit myself..literally..thank god im sitting on the toilet!

Shaq is better than Hakeem.

Shaq (Prime) owns all Centers, sor
ry.

Nobody could stop Shaq one on one, which is how the Hack-A-Shaq occurred.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
avatar

Male Posts : 17831
Points : 31171
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:13 am

who stopped hakeem?nobody could stop hakeem+he was great defensively (surely better than shaq) and duncan did a pretty good job stopping shaq.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6532
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:16 am

Gimme dat money! wrote:
who stopped hakeem?nobody could stop hakeem+he was great defensively (surely better than shaq) and duncan did a pretty good job stopping shaq.

Hakeem is the most skillful Center, but anyone with half a brain would take Shaq simply because of his sheer strength/dominance over everything. Tim Duncan? Stop Shaq? Retard plea
se!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5845
Points : 14912
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 25
Location : East Coast

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:33 am

King wrote:
Gimme dat money! wrote:
who stopped hakeem?nobody could stop hakeem+he was great defensively (surely better than shaq) and duncan did a pretty good job stopping shaq.

Hakeem is the most skillful Center, but anyone with half a brain would take Shaq simply because of his sheer strength/dominance over everything. Tim Duncan? Stop Shaq? Retard plea
se!

Most people here would pick Hakeem over Shaq. Both were unstoppable for different reasons (Hakeem was due to skill, Shaq due to sheer brute force) but Hakeem was vastly superior defensively. You've talked about how fantastic the 90's were defensively; Hakeem won back-to-back championships in that era. When did Shaq win his? Starting in one of the worst decades ever for centers (yeah, you've pointed out Wallace and Mourning already, great, but the bulk of the NBA's centers overall were much worse than in the 90's).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6532
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:41 am

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
Gimme dat money! wrote:
who stopped hakeem?nobody could stop hakeem+he was great defensively (surely better than shaq) and duncan did a pretty good job stopping shaq.

Hakeem is the most skillful Center, but anyone with half a brain would take Shaq simply because of his sheer strength/dominance over everything. Tim Duncan? Stop Shaq? Retard plea
se!

Most people here would pick Hakeem over Shaq. Both were unstoppable for different reasons (Hakeem was due to skill, Shaq due to sheer brute force) but Hakeem was vastly superior defensively. You've talked about how fantastic the 90's were defensively; Hakeem won back-to-back championships in that era. When did Shaq win his? Starting in one of the worst decades ever for centers (yeah, you've pointed out Wallace and Mourning already, great, but the bulk of the NBA's centers overall were much worse than in the 90's).

Most people in this forum lack common sense, fact
Shaq played better statistically in the 90s, fact
Hakeem won championships in the late 90s, f
act
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5845
Points : 14912
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 25
Location : East Coast

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:52 am

King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
Gimme dat money! wrote:
who stopped hakeem?nobody could stop hakeem+he was great defensively (surely better than shaq) and duncan did a pretty good job stopping shaq.

Hakeem is the most skillful Center, but anyone with half a brain would take Shaq simply because of his sheer strength/dominance over everything. Tim Duncan? Stop Shaq? Retard plea
se!

Most people here would pick Hakeem over Shaq. Both were unstoppable for different reasons (Hakeem was due to skill, Shaq due to sheer brute force) but Hakeem was vastly superior defensively. You've talked about how fantastic the 90's were defensively; Hakeem won back-to-back championships in that era. When did Shaq win his? Starting in one of the worst decades ever for centers (yeah, you've pointed out Wallace and Mourning already, great, but the bulk of the NBA's centers overall were much worse than in the 90's).

Most people in this forum lack common sense, fact
Shaq played better statistically in the 90s, fact
Hakeem won championships in the late 90s, f
act

Fact: most people in this forum have opinions you fail to respect.
Fact: 2 rings from Hakeem > 0 rings from Shaq (and Hakeem averaged way more blocks/steals and only trailed by a few points in PPG and their RPG was virtually the same in the 90's, until Hakeem inevitably got past his prime).
Fact: Hakeem won his two championships in '94 and '95 (hint: those aren't in the late 90's like you mistakenly said).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6532
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:56 am

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
Gimme dat money! wrote:
who stopped hakeem?nobody could stop hakeem+he was great defensively (surely better than shaq) and duncan did a pretty good job stopping shaq.

Hakeem is the most skillful Center, but anyone with half a brain would take Shaq simply because of his sheer strength/dominance over everything. Tim Duncan? Stop Shaq? Retard plea
se!

Most people here would pick Hakeem over Shaq. Both were unstoppable for different reasons (Hakeem was due to skill, Shaq due to sheer brute force) but Hakeem was vastly superior defensively. You've talked about how fantastic the 90's were defensively; Hakeem won back-to-back championships in that era. When did Shaq win his? Starting in one of the worst decades ever for centers (yeah, you've pointed out Wallace and Mourning already, great, but the bulk of the NBA's centers overall were much worse than in the 90's).

Most people in this forum lack common sense, fact
Shaq played better statistically in the 90s, fact
Hakeem won championships in the late 90s, f
act

Fact: most people in this forum have opinions you fail to respect.
Fact: 2 rings from Hakeem > 0 rings from Shaq (and Hakeem averaged way more blocks/steals and only trailed by a few points in PPG and their RPG was virtually the same).
Fact: Hakeem won his two championships in '94 and '95 (hint: those aren't in the late 90's like you mistakenly said).

-I respect everyone's opinion, but I like to correct their mistakes
-4 rings >>> 2 rings
-Hakeem won against New York/Orlando, where at the time the East was very weak.
-Excuse my error, sor
ry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5845
Points : 14912
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 25
Location : East Coast

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:20 am

King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
Gimme dat money! wrote:
who stopped hakeem?nobody could stop hakeem+he was great defensively (surely better than shaq) and duncan did a pretty good job stopping shaq.

Hakeem is the most skillful Center, but anyone with half a brain would take Shaq simply because of his sheer strength/dominance over everything. Tim Duncan? Stop Shaq? Retard plea
se!

Most people here would pick Hakeem over Shaq. Both were unstoppable for different reasons (Hakeem was due to skill, Shaq due to sheer brute force) but Hakeem was vastly superior defensively. You've talked about how fantastic the 90's were defensively; Hakeem won back-to-back championships in that era. When did Shaq win his? Starting in one of the worst decades ever for centers (yeah, you've pointed out Wallace and Mourning already, great, but the bulk of the NBA's centers overall were much worse than in the 90's).

Most people in this forum lack common sense, fact
Shaq played better statistically in the 90s, fact
Hakeem won championships in the late 90s, f
act

Fact: most people in this forum have opinions you fail to respect.
Fact: 2 rings from Hakeem > 0 rings from Shaq (and Hakeem averaged way more blocks/steals and only trailed by a few points in PPG and their RPG was virtually the same).
Fact: Hakeem won his two championships in '94 and '95 (hint: those aren't in the late 90's like you mistakenly said).

-I respect everyone's opinion, but I like to correct their mistakes
-4 rings >>> 2 rings
-Hakeem won against New York/Orlando, where at the time the East was very weak.
-Excuse my error, sor
ry.

You call anyone who disagrees with you a retard and refer to our opinions as mistakes. That's not respect, but I could come up with a few less pleasant words for it if I wanted to.

Hakeem's rings were in the 90's, when he had to go through Robinson (in '94, when Robinson and the Spurs had HC advantage in the WCF) and Ewing (in the Finals the same year), and he became the only player in NBA history to win MVP, Finals MVP and DPOY in the same year. In '95, he eviscerated Shaq in the Finals for his second ring in a row. Shaq has two more rings, but his came in a much weaker era for centers.

Don't know why you're calling the East weak at that time, but it sure as hell couldnt've been weaker than it was for Shaq when he won his. The 2000 Pacers didn't have anyone on the level of Ewing or Robinson, unless you have an insanely high opinion of Rik Smits. The 2001 76ers did have Mutombo, but he was ravaged by injuries (only played 26 games that season). The 2002 Nets? No one of note, unless you also have an insanely high opinion of Todd MacCullough, or think that 6'9 sophomore PF Kenyon Martin was going to handle him. By 2006, the only guy that could come close to handling Shaq (Duncan) was out West; Shaq had a cakewalk through the East and then finally had to square off with the immortal Erick Dampier in the Finals for his fourth ring. I guess that whole argument just boils down to whether you value quality over quantity. Hakeem won two that came against vastly more difficult competition that what Shaq went through to get four.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28734
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:20 pm

King wrote:
Magic wrote:
King wrote:
Magic wrote:
Now,you really you lost everything with this

"Shaq is arguably the best man to man defender in the NBA History"

I love Shaq,he's my all time fave player.He wasn't a strong defensive center,sure he was good in that aspect but not as good as his competition during the 90's.All of the guys scored well on him,he didn't really stop anyone...


Shaq is the best man-man defender, can't even deny that retard!

"Skinny" Shaq in the Magic played similar to Michael Jordan his rookie season; Amazi
ng!

No retard,Shaq's not even close to being the best in any category on defense...and don't give me those shits.

Ever heard of Russell,Olajuwon,Rodman,Dumars?



Shaq is better than all of the players you listed.

Way to back up your argument...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6532
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:14 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
Gimme dat money! wrote:
who stopped hakeem?nobody could stop hakeem+he was great defensively (surely better than shaq) and duncan did a pretty good job stopping shaq.

Hakeem is the most skillful Center, but anyone with half a brain would take Shaq simply because of his sheer strength/dominance over everything. Tim Duncan? Stop Shaq? Retard plea
se!

Most people here would pick Hakeem over Shaq. Both were unstoppable for different reasons (Hakeem was due to skill, Shaq due to sheer brute force) but Hakeem was vastly superior defensively. You've talked about how fantastic the 90's were defensively; Hakeem won back-to-back championships in that era. When did Shaq win his? Starting in one of the worst decades ever for centers (yeah, you've pointed out Wallace and Mourning already, great, but the bulk of the NBA's centers overall were much worse than in the 90's).

Most people in this forum lack common sense, fact
Shaq played better statistically in the 90s, fact
Hakeem won championships in the late 90s, f
act

Fact: most people in this forum have opinions you fail to respect.
Fact: 2 rings from Hakeem > 0 rings from Shaq (and Hakeem averaged way more blocks/steals and only trailed by a few points in PPG and their RPG was virtually the same).
Fact: Hakeem won his two championships in '94 and '95 (hint: those aren't in the late 90's like you mistakenly said).

-I respect everyone's opinion, but I like to correct their mistakes
-4 rings >>> 2 rings
-Hakeem won against New York/Orlando, where at the time the East was very weak.
-Excuse my error, sor
ry.

You call anyone who disagrees with you a retard and refer to our opinions as mistakes. That's not respect, but I could come up with a few less pleasant words for it if I wanted to.

Hakeem's rings were in the 90's, when he had to go through Robinson (in '94, when Robinson and the Spurs had HC advantage in the WCF) and Ewing (in the Finals the same year), and he became the only player in NBA history to win MVP, Finals MVP and DPOY in the same year. In '95, he eviscerated Shaq in the Finals for his second ring in a row. Shaq has two more rings, but his came in a much weaker era for centers.

Don't know why you're calling the East weak at that time, but it sure as hell couldnt've been weaker than it was for Shaq when he won his. The 2000 Pacers didn't have anyone on the level of Ewing or Robinson, unless you have an insanely high opinion of Rik Smits. The 2001 76ers did have Mutombo, but he was ravaged by injuries (only played 26 games that season). The 2002 Nets? No one of note, unless you also have an insanely high opinion of Todd MacCullough, or think that 6'9 sophomore PF Kenyon Martin was going to handle him. By 2006, the only guy that could come close to handling Shaq (Duncan) was out West; Shaq had a cakewalk through the East and then finally had to square off with the immortal Erick Dampier in the Finals for his fourth ring. I guess that whole argument just boils down to whether you value quality over quantity. Hakeem won two that came against vastly more difficult competition that what Shaq went through to get four.

Why did you type that long ass shit? To shorten it up, Shaq owned the 2000s era. and Lakers-Shaq was the greatest player I've seen in the history of the league.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6532
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Magic wrote:
King wrote:
Magic wrote:
King wrote:
Magic wrote:
Now,you really you lost everything with this

"Shaq is arguably the best man to man defender in the NBA History"

I love Shaq,he's my all time fave player.He wasn't a strong defensive center,sure he was good in that aspect but not as good as his competition during the 90's.All of the guys scored well on him,he didn't really stop anyone...


Shaq is the best man-man defender, can't even deny that retard!

"Skinny" Shaq in the Magic played similar to Michael Jordan his rookie season; Amazi
ng!

No retard,Shaq's not even close to being the best in any category on defense...and don't give me those shits.

Ever heard of Russell,Olajuwon,Rodman,Dumars?



Shaq is better than all of the players you listed.

Way to back up your argument...


Hakeem won rings with Jordan wasn't playing, fact
Shaq carried his Magic tot he finals, fact
Russell/Wilt/Kareem played in weak eras, f
act
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 8873
Points : 18911
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:42 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
Gimme dat money! wrote:
who stopped hakeem?nobody could stop hakeem+he was great defensively (surely better than shaq) and duncan did a pretty good job stopping shaq.

Hakeem is the most skillful Center, but anyone with half a brain would take Shaq simply because of his sheer strength/dominance over everything. Tim Duncan? Stop Shaq? Retard plea
se!

Most people here would pick Hakeem over Shaq. Both were unstoppable for different reasons (Hakeem was due to skill, Shaq due to sheer brute force) but Hakeem was vastly superior defensively. You've talked about how fantastic the 90's were defensively; Hakeem won back-to-back championships in that era. When did Shaq win his? Starting in one of the worst decades ever for centers (yeah, you've pointed out Wallace and Mourning already, great, but the bulk of the NBA's centers overall were much worse than in the 90's).

Most people in this forum lack common sense, fact
Shaq played better statistically in the 90s, fact
Hakeem won championships in the late 90s, f
act

Fact: most people in this forum have opinions you fail to respect.
Fact: 2 rings from Hakeem > 0 rings from Shaq (and Hakeem averaged way more blocks/steals and only trailed by a few points in PPG and their RPG was virtually the same).
Fact: Hakeem won his two championships in '94 and '95 (hint: those aren't in the late 90's like you mistakenly said).

-I respect everyone's opinion, but I like to correct their mistakes
-4 rings >>> 2 rings
-Hakeem won against New York/Orlando, where at the time the East was very weak.
-Excuse my error, sor
ry.

You call anyone who disagrees with you a retard and refer to our opinions as mistakes. That's not respect, but I could come up with a few less pleasant words for it if I wanted to.

Hakeem's rings were in the 90's, when he had to go through Robinson (in '94, when Robinson and the Spurs had HC advantage in the WCF) and Ewing (in the Finals the same year), and he became the only player in NBA history to win MVP, Finals MVP and DPOY in the same year. In '95, he eviscerated Shaq in the Finals for his second ring in a row. Shaq has two more rings, but his came in a much weaker era for centers.

Don't know why you're calling the East weak at that time, but it sure as hell couldnt've been weaker than it was for Shaq when he won his. The 2000 Pacers didn't have anyone on the level of Ewing or Robinson, unless you have an insanely high opinion of Rik Smits. The 2001 76ers did have Mutombo, but he was ravaged by injuries (only played 26 games that season). The 2002 Nets? No one of note, unless you also have an insanely high opinion of Todd MacCullough, or think that 6'9 sophomore PF Kenyon Martin was going to handle him. By 2006, the only guy that could come close to handling Shaq (Duncan) was out West; Shaq had a cakewalk through the East and then finally had to square off with the immortal Erick Dampier in the Finals for his fourth ring. I guess that whole argument just boils down to whether you value quality over quantity. Hakeem won two that came against vastly more difficult competition that what Shaq went through to get four.

I agree with this as far as Centers the 90s was the best era for Centers. Calling the East or NBA at all in the 90s weak is a joke. Many argue the 90s was the best era of all-time

The 90s was loaded with All-Star caliber bigs and centers.

In the 2000s the 2nd best center in the NBA for a while was Ben Wallace.

When Hakeem Olajuan went up against Shaq in the Finals Hakeem destroyed him. As CAGuy pointed out it speaks for itself when Hakeem was able to defeat a Hall Of Famer like Patrick Ewing in the Finals and dominate Shaq in another Finals while the center Shaq went up against were Dale Davis, Todd Macculloch, and Jason Collins.

You just fail to respect anybody elses opinion but throwing out insults like a little child at anybody. It shows your level of maturity though. Maybe one day you'll grow up

_________________


Still No Rings For Queen James
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6532
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:00 pm

King Of NJ wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
Gimme dat money! wrote:
who stopped hakeem?nobody could stop hakeem+he was great defensively (surely better than shaq) and duncan did a pretty good job stopping shaq.

Hakeem is the most skillful Center, but anyone with half a brain would take Shaq simply because of his sheer strength/dominance over everything. Tim Duncan? Stop Shaq? Retard plea
se!

Most people here would pick Hakeem over Shaq. Both were unstoppable for different reasons (Hakeem was due to skill, Shaq due to sheer brute force) but Hakeem was vastly superior defensively. You've talked about how fantastic the 90's were defensively; Hakeem won back-to-back championships in that era. When did Shaq win his? Starting in one of the worst decades ever for centers (yeah, you've pointed out Wallace and Mourning already, great, but the bulk of the NBA's centers overall were much worse than in the 90's).

Most people in this forum lack common sense, fact
Shaq played better statistically in the 90s, fact
Hakeem won championships in the late 90s, f
act

Fact: most people in this forum have opinions you fail to respect.
Fact: 2 rings from Hakeem > 0 rings from Shaq (and Hakeem averaged way more blocks/steals and only trailed by a few points in PPG and their RPG was virtually the same).
Fact: Hakeem won his two championships in '94 and '95 (hint: those aren't in the late 90's like you mistakenly said).

-I respect everyone's opinion, but I like to correct their mistakes
-4 rings >>> 2 rings
-Hakeem won against New York/Orlando, where at the time the East was very weak.
-Excuse my error, sor
ry.

You call anyone who disagrees with you a retard and refer to our opinions as mistakes. That's not respect, but I could come up with a few less pleasant words for it if I wanted to.

Hakeem's rings were in the 90's, when he had to go through Robinson (in '94, when Robinson and the Spurs had HC advantage in the WCF) and Ewing (in the Finals the same year), and he became the only player in NBA history to win MVP, Finals MVP and DPOY in the same year. In '95, he eviscerated Shaq in the Finals for his second ring in a row. Shaq has two more rings, but his came in a much weaker era for centers.

Don't know why you're calling the East weak at that time, but it sure as hell couldnt've been weaker than it was for Shaq when he won his. The 2000 Pacers didn't have anyone on the level of Ewing or Robinson, unless you have an insanely high opinion of Rik Smits. The 2001 76ers did have Mutombo, but he was ravaged by injuries (only played 26 games that season). The 2002 Nets? No one of note, unless you also have an insanely high opinion of Todd MacCullough, or think that 6'9 sophomore PF Kenyon Martin was going to handle him. By 2006, the only guy that could come close to handling Shaq (Duncan) was out West; Shaq had a cakewalk through the East and then finally had to square off with the immortal Erick Dampier in the Finals for his fourth ring. I guess that whole argument just boils down to whether you value quality over quantity. Hakeem won two that came against vastly more difficult competition that what Shaq went through to get four.

I agree with this as far as Centers the 90s was the best era for Centers. Calling the East or NBA at all in the 90s weak is a joke. Many argue the 90s was the best era of all-time

The 90s was loaded with All-Star caliber bigs and centers.

In the 2000s the 2nd best center in the NBA for a while was Ben Wallace.

When Hakeem Olajuan went up against Shaq in the Finals Hakeem destroyed him. As CAGuy pointed out it speaks for itself when Hakeem was able to defeat a Hall Of Famer like Patrick Ewing in the Finals and dominate Shaq in another Finals while the center Shaq went up against were Dale Davis, Todd Macculloch, and Jason Collins.

You just fail to respect anybody elses opinion but throwing out insults like a little child at anybody. It shows your level of maturity though. Maybe one day you'll grow up

Shaq was a fucking rookie.
Shaq's Lakers would crush Hakeem's Rockets anyti
me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5845
Points : 14912
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 25
Location : East Coast

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:25 pm

King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
Gimme dat money! wrote:
who stopped hakeem?nobody could stop hakeem+he was great defensively (surely better than shaq) and duncan did a pretty good job stopping shaq.

Hakeem is the most skillful Center, but anyone with half a brain would take Shaq simply because of his sheer strength/dominance over everything. Tim Duncan? Stop Shaq? Retard plea
se!

Most people here would pick Hakeem over Shaq. Both were unstoppable for different reasons (Hakeem was due to skill, Shaq due to sheer brute force) but Hakeem was vastly superior defensively. You've talked about how fantastic the 90's were defensively; Hakeem won back-to-back championships in that era. When did Shaq win his? Starting in one of the worst decades ever for centers (yeah, you've pointed out Wallace and Mourning already, great, but the bulk of the NBA's centers overall were much worse than in the 90's).

Most people in this forum lack common sense, fact
Shaq played better statistically in the 90s, fact
Hakeem won championships in the late 90s, f
act

Fact: most people in this forum have opinions you fail to respect.
Fact: 2 rings from Hakeem > 0 rings from Shaq (and Hakeem averaged way more blocks/steals and only trailed by a few points in PPG and their RPG was virtually the same).
Fact: Hakeem won his two championships in '94 and '95 (hint: those aren't in the late 90's like you mistakenly said).

-I respect everyone's opinion, but I like to correct their mistakes
-4 rings >>> 2 rings
-Hakeem won against New York/Orlando, where at the time the East was very weak.
-Excuse my error, sor
ry.

You call anyone who disagrees with you a retard and refer to our opinions as mistakes. That's not respect, but I could come up with a few less pleasant words for it if I wanted to.

Hakeem's rings were in the 90's, when he had to go through Robinson (in '94, when Robinson and the Spurs had HC advantage in the WCF) and Ewing (in the Finals the same year), and he became the only player in NBA history to win MVP, Finals MVP and DPOY in the same year. In '95, he eviscerated Shaq in the Finals for his second ring in a row. Shaq has two more rings, but his came in a much weaker era for centers.

Don't know why you're calling the East weak at that time, but it sure as hell couldnt've been weaker than it was for Shaq when he won his. The 2000 Pacers didn't have anyone on the level of Ewing or Robinson, unless you have an insanely high opinion of Rik Smits. The 2001 76ers did have Mutombo, but he was ravaged by injuries (only played 26 games that season). The 2002 Nets? No one of note, unless you also have an insanely high opinion of Todd MacCullough, or think that 6'9 sophomore PF Kenyon Martin was going to handle him. By 2006, the only guy that could come close to handling Shaq (Duncan) was out West; Shaq had a cakewalk through the East and then finally had to square off with the immortal Erick Dampier in the Finals for his fourth ring. I guess that whole argument just boils down to whether you value quality over quantity. Hakeem won two that came against vastly more difficult competition that what Shaq went through to get four.

Why did you type that long ass shit? To shorten it up, Shaq owned the 2000s era. and Lakers-Shaq was the greatest player I've seen in the history of the league.



Jesus, you just don't understand how basketball works. Or maybe you just don't know how to read (seriously, when someone tries to win an argument by saying "that was too long for me to read," you know that guy's an idiot). What part of "the era Shaq owned was arguably the weakest of all time for centers" is confusing you? We've been over this a few times now, and it still hasn't gotten through your thick skull.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6532
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:55 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
Gimme dat money! wrote:
who stopped hakeem?nobody could stop hakeem+he was great defensively (surely better than shaq) and duncan did a pretty good job stopping shaq.

Hakeem is the most skillful Center, but anyone with half a brain would take Shaq simply because of his sheer strength/dominance over everything. Tim Duncan? Stop Shaq? Retard plea
se!

Most people here would pick Hakeem over Shaq. Both were unstoppable for different reasons (Hakeem was due to skill, Shaq due to sheer brute force) but Hakeem was vastly superior defensively. You've talked about how fantastic the 90's were defensively; Hakeem won back-to-back championships in that era. When did Shaq win his? Starting in one of the worst decades ever for centers (yeah, you've pointed out Wallace and Mourning already, great, but the bulk of the NBA's centers overall were much worse than in the 90's).

Most people in this forum lack common sense, fact
Shaq played better statistically in the 90s, fact
Hakeem won championships in the late 90s, f
act

Fact: most people in this forum have opinions you fail to respect.
Fact: 2 rings from Hakeem > 0 rings from Shaq (and Hakeem averaged way more blocks/steals and only trailed by a few points in PPG and their RPG was virtually the same).
Fact: Hakeem won his two championships in '94 and '95 (hint: those aren't in the late 90's like you mistakenly said).

-I respect everyone's opinion, but I like to correct their mistakes
-4 rings >>> 2 rings
-Hakeem won against New York/Orlando, where at the time the East was very weak.
-Excuse my error, sor
ry.

You call anyone who disagrees with you a retard and refer to our opinions as mistakes. That's not respect, but I could come up with a few less pleasant words for it if I wanted to.

Hakeem's rings were in the 90's, when he had to go through Robinson (in '94, when Robinson and the Spurs had HC advantage in the WCF) and Ewing (in the Finals the same year), and he became the only player in NBA history to win MVP, Finals MVP and DPOY in the same year. In '95, he eviscerated Shaq in the Finals for his second ring in a row. Shaq has two more rings, but his came in a much weaker era for centers.

Don't know why you're calling the East weak at that time, but it sure as hell couldnt've been weaker than it was for Shaq when he won his. The 2000 Pacers didn't have anyone on the level of Ewing or Robinson, unless you have an insanely high opinion of Rik Smits. The 2001 76ers did have Mutombo, but he was ravaged by injuries (only played 26 games that season). The 2002 Nets? No one of note, unless you also have an insanely high opinion of Todd MacCullough, or think that 6'9 sophomore PF Kenyon Martin was going to handle him. By 2006, the only guy that could come close to handling Shaq (Duncan) was out West; Shaq had a cakewalk through the East and then finally had to square off with the immortal Erick Dampier in the Finals for his fourth ring. I guess that whole argument just boils down to whether you value quality over quantity. Hakeem won two that came against vastly more difficult competition that what Shaq went through to get four.

Why did you type that long ass shit? To shorten it up, Shaq owned the 2000s era. and Lakers-Shaq was the greatest player I've seen in the history of the league.



Jesus, you just don't understand how basketball works. Or maybe you just don't know how to read (seriously, when someone tries to win an argument by saying "that was too long for me to read," you know that guy's an idiot). What part of "the era Shaq owned was arguably the weakest of all time for centers" is confusing you? We've been over this a few times now, and it still hasn't gotten through your thick skull.

Defensively, no it was not
In the early 2000s Mourning/Wallace were beasts, and could contain S
haq
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5845
Points : 14912
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 25
Location : East Coast

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:00 pm

King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
Gimme dat money! wrote:
who stopped hakeem?nobody could stop hakeem+he was great defensively (surely better than shaq) and duncan did a pretty good job stopping shaq.

Hakeem is the most skillful Center, but anyone with half a brain would take Shaq simply because of his sheer strength/dominance over everything. Tim Duncan? Stop Shaq? Retard plea
se!

Most people here would pick Hakeem over Shaq. Both were unstoppable for different reasons (Hakeem was due to skill, Shaq due to sheer brute force) but Hakeem was vastly superior defensively. You've talked about how fantastic the 90's were defensively; Hakeem won back-to-back championships in that era. When did Shaq win his? Starting in one of the worst decades ever for centers (yeah, you've pointed out Wallace and Mourning already, great, but the bulk of the NBA's centers overall were much worse than in the 90's).

Most people in this forum lack common sense, fact
Shaq played better statistically in the 90s, fact
Hakeem won championships in the late 90s, f
act

Fact: most people in this forum have opinions you fail to respect.
Fact: 2 rings from Hakeem > 0 rings from Shaq (and Hakeem averaged way more blocks/steals and only trailed by a few points in PPG and their RPG was virtually the same).
Fact: Hakeem won his two championships in '94 and '95 (hint: those aren't in the late 90's like you mistakenly said).

-I respect everyone's opinion, but I like to correct their mistakes
-4 rings >>> 2 rings
-Hakeem won against New York/Orlando, where at the time the East was very weak.
-Excuse my error, sor
ry.

You call anyone who disagrees with you a retard and refer to our opinions as mistakes. That's not respect, but I could come up with a few less pleasant words for it if I wanted to.

Hakeem's rings were in the 90's, when he had to go through Robinson (in '94, when Robinson and the Spurs had HC advantage in the WCF) and Ewing (in the Finals the same year), and he became the only player in NBA history to win MVP, Finals MVP and DPOY in the same year. In '95, he eviscerated Shaq in the Finals for his second ring in a row. Shaq has two more rings, but his came in a much weaker era for centers.

Don't know why you're calling the East weak at that time, but it sure as hell couldnt've been weaker than it was for Shaq when he won his. The 2000 Pacers didn't have anyone on the level of Ewing or Robinson, unless you have an insanely high opinion of Rik Smits. The 2001 76ers did have Mutombo, but he was ravaged by injuries (only played 26 games that season). The 2002 Nets? No one of note, unless you also have an insanely high opinion of Todd MacCullough, or think that 6'9 sophomore PF Kenyon Martin was going to handle him. By 2006, the only guy that could come close to handling Shaq (Duncan) was out West; Shaq had a cakewalk through the East and then finally had to square off with the immortal Erick Dampier in the Finals for his fourth ring. I guess that whole argument just boils down to whether you value quality over quantity. Hakeem won two that came against vastly more difficult competition that what Shaq went through to get four.

Why did you type that long ass shit? To shorten it up, Shaq owned the 2000s era. and Lakers-Shaq was the greatest player I've seen in the history of the league.



Jesus, you just don't understand how basketball works. Or maybe you just don't know how to read (seriously, when someone tries to win an argument by saying "that was too long for me to read," you know that guy's an idiot). What part of "the era Shaq owned was arguably the weakest of all time for centers" is confusing you? We've been over this a few times now, and it still hasn't gotten through your thick skull.

Defensively, no it was not
In the early 2000s Mourning/Wallace were beasts, and could contain S
haq

YES. WE FUCKING KNOW ABOUT MOURNING AND WALLACE. YOU HAVE BROUGHT UP THEIR NAMES AND NO ONE ELSE'S.

Shaq never met Mourning in the playoffs (unless you want to count them playing together on the Heat) and the one time he ran into Wallace in the playoffs it was the 2004 Finals...which Shaq lost. Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
avatar

Male Posts : 17831
Points : 31171
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 pm

2 centers lol there were still 32 teams
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6532
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:05 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
Gimme dat money! wrote:
who stopped hakeem?nobody could stop hakeem+he was great defensively (surely better than shaq) and duncan did a pretty good job stopping shaq.

Hakeem is the most skillful Center, but anyone with half a brain would take Shaq simply because of his sheer strength/dominance over everything. Tim Duncan? Stop Shaq? Retard plea
se!

Most people here would pick Hakeem over Shaq. Both were unstoppable for different reasons (Hakeem was due to skill, Shaq due to sheer brute force) but Hakeem was vastly superior defensively. You've talked about how fantastic the 90's were defensively; Hakeem won back-to-back championships in that era. When did Shaq win his? Starting in one of the worst decades ever for centers (yeah, you've pointed out Wallace and Mourning already, great, but the bulk of the NBA's centers overall were much worse than in the 90's).

Most people in this forum lack common sense, fact
Shaq played better statistically in the 90s, fact
Hakeem won championships in the late 90s, f
act

Fact: most people in this forum have opinions you fail to respect.
Fact: 2 rings from Hakeem > 0 rings from Shaq (and Hakeem averaged way more blocks/steals and only trailed by a few points in PPG and their RPG was virtually the same).
Fact: Hakeem won his two championships in '94 and '95 (hint: those aren't in the late 90's like you mistakenly said).

-I respect everyone's opinion, but I like to correct their mistakes
-4 rings >>> 2 rings
-Hakeem won against New York/Orlando, where at the time the East was very weak.
-Excuse my error, sor
ry.

You call anyone who disagrees with you a retard and refer to our opinions as mistakes. That's not respect, but I could come up with a few less pleasant words for it if I wanted to.

Hakeem's rings were in the 90's, when he had to go through Robinson (in '94, when Robinson and the Spurs had HC advantage in the WCF) and Ewing (in the Finals the same year), and he became the only player in NBA history to win MVP, Finals MVP and DPOY in the same year. In '95, he eviscerated Shaq in the Finals for his second ring in a row. Shaq has two more rings, but his came in a much weaker era for centers.

Don't know why you're calling the East weak at that time, but it sure as hell couldnt've been weaker than it was for Shaq when he won his. The 2000 Pacers didn't have anyone on the level of Ewing or Robinson, unless you have an insanely high opinion of Rik Smits. The 2001 76ers did have Mutombo, but he was ravaged by injuries (only played 26 games that season). The 2002 Nets? No one of note, unless you also have an insanely high opinion of Todd MacCullough, or think that 6'9 sophomore PF Kenyon Martin was going to handle him. By 2006, the only guy that could come close to handling Shaq (Duncan) was out West; Shaq had a cakewalk through the East and then finally had to square off with the immortal Erick Dampier in the Finals for his fourth ring. I guess that whole argument just boils down to whether you value quality over quantity. Hakeem won two that came against vastly more difficult competition that what Shaq went through to get four.

Why did you type that long ass shit? To shorten it up, Shaq owned the 2000s era. and Lakers-Shaq was the greatest player I've seen in the history of the league.



Jesus, you just don't understand how basketball works. Or maybe you just don't know how to read (seriously, when someone tries to win an argument by saying "that was too long for me to read," you know that guy's an idiot). What part of "the era Shaq owned was arguably the weakest of all time for centers" is confusing you? We've been over this a few times now, and it still hasn't gotten through your thick skull.

Defensively, no it was not
In the early 2000s Mourning/Wallace were beasts, and could contain S
haq

YES. WE FUCKING KNOW ABOUT MOURNING AND WALLACE. YOU HAVE BROUGHT UP THEIR NAMES AND NO ONE ELSE'S.

Shaq never met Mourning in the playoffs (unless you want to count them playing together on the Heat) and the one time he ran into Wallace in the playoffs it was the 2004 Finals...which Shaq lost. Hmmm.

Wallace/Mourning are two of the greatest defensive Centers in NBA history.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6532
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Gimme dat money! wrote:
2 centers lol there were still 32 teams

They were great defensive Centers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5845
Points : 14912
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 25
Location : East Coast

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:10 pm

King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
Gimme dat money! wrote:
who stopped hakeem?nobody could stop hakeem+he was great defensively (surely better than shaq) and duncan did a pretty good job stopping shaq.

Hakeem is the most skillful Center, but anyone with half a brain would take Shaq simply because of his sheer strength/dominance over everything. Tim Duncan? Stop Shaq? Retard plea
se!

Most people here would pick Hakeem over Shaq. Both were unstoppable for different reasons (Hakeem was due to skill, Shaq due to sheer brute force) but Hakeem was vastly superior defensively. You've talked about how fantastic the 90's were defensively; Hakeem won back-to-back championships in that era. When did Shaq win his? Starting in one of the worst decades ever for centers (yeah, you've pointed out Wallace and Mourning already, great, but the bulk of the NBA's centers overall were much worse than in the 90's).

Most people in this forum lack common sense, fact
Shaq played better statistically in the 90s, fact
Hakeem won championships in the late 90s, f
act

Fact: most people in this forum have opinions you fail to respect.
Fact: 2 rings from Hakeem > 0 rings from Shaq (and Hakeem averaged way more blocks/steals and only trailed by a few points in PPG and their RPG was virtually the same).
Fact: Hakeem won his two championships in '94 and '95 (hint: those aren't in the late 90's like you mistakenly said).

-I respect everyone's opinion, but I like to correct their mistakes
-4 rings >>> 2 rings
-Hakeem won against New York/Orlando, where at the time the East was very weak.
-Excuse my error, sor
ry.

You call anyone who disagrees with you a retard and refer to our opinions as mistakes. That's not respect, but I could come up with a few less pleasant words for it if I wanted to.

Hakeem's rings were in the 90's, when he had to go through Robinson (in '94, when Robinson and the Spurs had HC advantage in the WCF) and Ewing (in the Finals the same year), and he became the only player in NBA history to win MVP, Finals MVP and DPOY in the same year. In '95, he eviscerated Shaq in the Finals for his second ring in a row. Shaq has two more rings, but his came in a much weaker era for centers.

Don't know why you're calling the East weak at that time, but it sure as hell couldnt've been weaker than it was for Shaq when he won his. The 2000 Pacers didn't have anyone on the level of Ewing or Robinson, unless you have an insanely high opinion of Rik Smits. The 2001 76ers did have Mutombo, but he was ravaged by injuries (only played 26 games that season). The 2002 Nets? No one of note, unless you also have an insanely high opinion of Todd MacCullough, or think that 6'9 sophomore PF Kenyon Martin was going to handle him. By 2006, the only guy that could come close to handling Shaq (Duncan) was out West; Shaq had a cakewalk through the East and then finally had to square off with the immortal Erick Dampier in the Finals for his fourth ring. I guess that whole argument just boils down to whether you value quality over quantity. Hakeem won two that came against vastly more difficult competition that what Shaq went through to get four.

Why did you type that long ass shit? To shorten it up, Shaq owned the 2000s era. and Lakers-Shaq was the greatest player I've seen in the history of the league.



Jesus, you just don't understand how basketball works. Or maybe you just don't know how to read (seriously, when someone tries to win an argument by saying "that was too long for me to read," you know that guy's an idiot). What part of "the era Shaq owned was arguably the weakest of all time for centers" is confusing you? We've been over this a few times now, and it still hasn't gotten through your thick skull.

Defensively, no it was not
In the early 2000s Mourning/Wallace were beasts, and could contain S
haq

YES. WE FUCKING KNOW ABOUT MOURNING AND WALLACE. YOU HAVE BROUGHT UP THEIR NAMES AND NO ONE ELSE'S.

Shaq never met Mourning in the playoffs (unless you want to count them playing together on the Heat) and the one time he ran into Wallace in the playoffs it was the 2004 Finals...which Shaq lost. Hmmm.

Wallace/Mourning are two of the greatest defensive Centers in NBA history.



Wow. That's really all you have to say? Incredible. Why the hell does it matter how great they were if Shaq never had to go through them to win anything (except, again, when Wallace's Pistons took down Shaq's Lakers)? Hakeem went through Robinson, Ewing and Shaq directly for his two titles...oh, but why bother repeating myself? You'll just say "oh it's too long for me to read retard" or "but Wallace and Mourning were in that era"...pathetic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6532
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:14 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
King wrote:
Gimme dat money! wrote:
who stopped hakeem?nobody could stop hakeem+he was great defensively (surely better than shaq) and duncan did a pretty good job stopping shaq.

Hakeem is the most skillful Center, but anyone with half a brain would take Shaq simply because of his sheer strength/dominance over everything. Tim Duncan? Stop Shaq? Retard plea
se!

Most people here would pick Hakeem over Shaq. Both were unstoppable for different reasons (Hakeem was due to skill, Shaq due to sheer brute force) but Hakeem was vastly superior defensively. You've talked about how fantastic the 90's were defensively; Hakeem won back-to-back championships in that era. When did Shaq win his? Starting in one of the worst decades ever for centers (yeah, you've pointed out Wallace and Mourning already, great, but the bulk of the NBA's centers overall were much worse than in the 90's).

Most people in this forum lack common sense, fact
Shaq played better statistically in the 90s, fact
Hakeem won championships in the late 90s, f
act

Fact: most people in this forum have opinions you fail to respect.
Fact: 2 rings from Hakeem > 0 rings from Shaq (and Hakeem averaged way more blocks/steals and only trailed by a few points in PPG and their RPG was virtually the same).
Fact: Hakeem won his two championships in '94 and '95 (hint: those aren't in the late 90's like you mistakenly said).

-I respect everyone's opinion, but I like to correct their mistakes
-4 rings >>> 2 rings
-Hakeem won against New York/Orlando, where at the time the East was very weak.
-Excuse my error, sor
ry.

You call anyone who disagrees with you a retard and refer to our opinions as mistakes. That's not respect, but I could come up with a few less pleasant words for it if I wanted to.

Hakeem's rings were in the 90's, when he had to go through Robinson (in '94, when Robinson and the Spurs had HC advantage in the WCF) and Ewing (in the Finals the same year), and he became the only player in NBA history to win MVP, Finals MVP and DPOY in the same year. In '95, he eviscerated Shaq in the Finals for his second ring in a row. Shaq has two more rings, but his came in a much weaker era for centers.

Don't know why you're calling the East weak at that time, but it sure as hell couldnt've been weaker than it was for Shaq when he won his. The 2000 Pacers didn't have anyone on the level of Ewing or Robinson, unless you have an insanely high opinion of Rik Smits. The 2001 76ers did have Mutombo, but he was ravaged by injuries (only played 26 games that season). The 2002 Nets? No one of note, unless you also have an insanely high opinion of Todd MacCullough, or think that 6'9 sophomore PF Kenyon Martin was going to handle him. By 2006, the only guy that could come close to handling Shaq (Duncan) was out West; Shaq had a cakewalk through the East and then finally had to square off with the immortal Erick Dampier in the Finals for his fourth ring. I guess that whole argument just boils down to whether you value quality over quantity. Hakeem won two that came against vastly more difficult competition that what Shaq went through to get four.

Why did you type that long ass shit? To shorten it up, Shaq owned the 2000s era. and Lakers-Shaq was the greatest player I've seen in the history of the league.



Jesus, you just don't understand how basketball works. Or maybe you just don't know how to read (seriously, when someone tries to win an argument by saying "that was too long for me to read," you know that guy's an idiot). What part of "the era Shaq owned was arguably the weakest of all time for centers" is confusing you? We've been over this a few times now, and it still hasn't gotten through your thick skull.

Defensively, no it was not
In the early 2000s Mourning/Wallace were beasts, and could contain S
haq

YES. WE FUCKING KNOW ABOUT MOURNING AND WALLACE. YOU HAVE BROUGHT UP THEIR NAMES AND NO ONE ELSE'S.

Shaq never met Mourning in the playoffs (unless you want to count them playing together on the Heat) and the one time he ran into Wallace in the playoffs it was the 2004 Finals...which Shaq lost. Hmmm.

Wallace/Mourning are two of the greatest defensive Centers in NBA history.



Wow. That's really all you have to say? Incredible. Why the hell does it matter how great they were if Shaq never had to go through them to win anything (except, again, when Wallace's Pistons took down Shaq's Lakers)? Hakeem went through Robinson, Ewing and Shaq directly for his two titles...oh, but why bother repeating myself? You'll just say "oh it's too long for me to read retard" or "but Wallace and Mourning were in that era"...pathetic.

Detroit didn't beat Los Angeles
Los Angeles beat Los Angeles

If Kobe/Shaq would have worked better together, they would have swept the Pistons

Shaq is great and shall have his jersey retired in multiple locations
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5845
Points : 14912
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 25
Location : East Coast

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:35 pm

King wrote:

Detroit didn't beat Los Angeles
Los Angeles beat Los Angeles

Neutral

What series were you watching? The Pistons clearly outplayed LA.

King wrote:

If Kobe/Shaq would have worked better together, they would have swept the Pistons

No way! So you're saying that if something had changed about that series, the outcome would've been different? No shit, Sherlock. Again, why do you bring up hypothetical stuff when trying to prove something about how things are now? It's like saying "oh if the Lakers had scored more they would have won" or "oh if the Pistons had missed more the Lakers would have won."

King wrote:

Shaq is great and shall have his jersey retired in multiple locations

Dunno about the multiple locations, but no one's denying Shaq's greatness. Some of us would just rather have Hakeem.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   

Back to top Go down
 
God damn Blake Griffin!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Report: Celtics closing in on ‘major deal,’ potentially for Clippers forward Blake Griffin
» Blake Griffin Considered More Likely To Leave Clippers Than Chris Paul
» BLAKE GRIFFIN PUTS BOSTON ON MT. RUSHMORE OF NBA CITIES
» Can Yohan Blake match it with Bolt?
» Daniel Bailey (9.97) makes it 6-5 in duel with Yohan Blake (9.98)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Basketball Talk :: General NBA Talk :: General NBA-
Jump to: