Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Bulls? Bucks? What about the Pacers?   Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:50 am

First topic message reminder :

Everyone was picking either the Bulls or Bucks to win the Central division this year.. but almost a month into the season, I'm starting to think Indiana is gonna push for the division title.

They're still pretty streaky though.. they play one good game then have a bad game 2 days later. And after this thread, they could lose 10 straight and I would obviously take this back...

but I'm starting to worry about Indiana. They look pretty good so far.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Bulls? Bucks? What about the Pacers?   Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:23 am

The numbers don't seem to indicate that...lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Bulls? Bucks? What about the Pacers?   Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:18 pm

minutes played and rpg certainly indicate that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Bulls? Bucks? What about the Pacers?   Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:52 pm

noah's rebounding rate and rebounds per 36 are better than McGee, even for just this season

boozer's are MUCH higher than blatche's. even taj gibson seems to be a better rebounder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Bulls? Bucks? What about the Pacers?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:32 am

Joakim Noah: 12.2 rebounds per 36 mins, 19.2 TRB% (total rebound percent), 24.9 DR% (defensive rebound percent).

Carlos Boozer: 11.8 rebounds per 36 mins, 19.4 TRB%, 29.9 DR%

JaVale McGee: 10.8 rebounds per 36 mins, 17.9 TRB%, 20.5 DR%

Andray Blatche: 8.4 rebounds per 36 mins, 13.9 TRB%, 19.4 DR%

Totals:

Noah/Boozer: 24 rebounds per 36 mins, 38.6 TRB%, 54.8 DR%
McGee/Blatche: 19.2 rebounds per 36 mins, 31.8 TRB%, 39.9 DR%

I don't mean to be a douche and barge in, but that's what I'm doing so I'll provide some analysis Very Happy. Noah is clearly the best rebounder out of all four of them, grabbing an astonishing 12.2 RP/36 and is ranked among the league leaders in the game in rebounding in general. Boozer, while not playing this season, put up great rebounding numbers last season, especially in the defensive rebounding department grabbing around 30% of missed shots. Of course, he might not repeat that again this season with Noah grabbing his own share of boards as well, but expect him to grab around 9/10 boards a game when he comes back. As for the Wizards tandem, McGee has certainly taken a huge step in terms of boxing out and using his athleticism to grab all the boards he can, but he isn't doing it at the rate that Noah is this season. Gotta give him some creds though. Blatche on the other hand has been ok on the glass grabbing around 8 and a half boards per 36, but his low DRB% indicates that he can be lazy sometimes, which I kinda expected. Overall, both squads have some extreme upside and promise, but when it comes down to actual rebounding talent, there aren't many squads that can compete with the one that Chicago has assembled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Bulls? Bucks? What about the Pacers?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:55 am

I like how you poop out of nowhere..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Bulls? Bucks? What about the Pacers?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:10 am

No Longer DEAD wrote:
Joakim Noah: 12.2 rebounds per 36 mins, 19.2 TRB% (total rebound percent), 24.9 DR% (defensive rebound percent).

Carlos Boozer: 11.8 rebounds per 36 mins, 19.4 TRB%, 29.9 DR%

JaVale McGee: 10.8 rebounds per 36 mins, 17.9 TRB%, 20.5 DR%

Andray Blatche: 8.4 rebounds per 36 mins, 13.9 TRB%, 19.4 DR%

Totals:

Noah/Boozer: 24 rebounds per 36 mins, 38.6 TRB%, 54.8 DR%
McGee/Blatche: 19.2 rebounds per 36 mins, 31.8 TRB%, 39.9 DR%

I don't mean to be a douche and barge in, but that's what I'm doing so I'll provide some analysis Very Happy. Noah is clearly the best rebounder out of all four of them, grabbing an astonishing 12.2 RP/36 and is ranked among the league leaders in the game in rebounding in general. Boozer, while not playing this season, put up great rebounding numbers last season, especially in the defensive rebounding department grabbing around 30% of missed shots. Of course, he might not repeat that again this season with Noah grabbing his own share of boards as well, but expect him to grab around 9/10 boards a game when he comes back. As for the Wizards tandem, McGee has certainly taken a huge step in terms of boxing out and using his athleticism to grab all the boards he can, but he isn't doing it at the rate that Noah is this season. Gotta give him some creds though. Blatche on the other hand has been ok on the glass grabbing around 8 and a half boards per 36, but his low DRB% indicates that he can be lazy sometimes, which I kinda expected. Overall, both squads have some extreme upside and promise, but when it comes down to actual rebounding talent, there aren't many squads that can compete with the one that Chicago has assembled.
You hit the nail on the head about Blatches laziness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Bulls? Bucks? What about the Pacers?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:33 pm

Pacers beat Lakers. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Bulls? Bucks? What about the Pacers?   Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:38 pm

The Fantastic Five wrote:
I like how you poop out of nowhere..
LMFAO

SG Aaron Afflalo
PG Ramon Sessions
6. F Matt Barnes
7. G Norris Cole
8. G/F Xavier Henry
9. C Omar Asik
10. C Hamed Haddidi
11. G Jordan Hamilton
12. G Darius Morris
--------------------------------
This is what Raza chooses to do with his mod powers:
[01:07:13] @ Raza : /molests the fuck outta john
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulls? Bucks? What about the Pacers?   

Back to top Go down

Bulls? Bucks? What about the Pacers?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2