HomeHome  FAQFAQ  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  

Share | 

Is the Miami Heat fanbase just pathetic?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Is the Miami Heat fanbase just pathetic?   Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:56 am

I'm not talking about users on this forum or on Y!A at all either

I'm referring to Heat home games. They have to have one of the worst NBA fanbases. They've never regularly attended their home games and there's always been a ton of empty seats and it's been one of the quietest NBA arenas in the league throughout the years.

The NBA years ago even told the Heat to change the arena's seat colors so the empty seats don't look so obvious on National TV

I thought after having the new Big 3 they would show up at games and have a great atmosphere. But I've been completely wrong about that. They still fail to sell to sell tickets. The Big 3 intro over the summer only had 13,000 even. Thats pathetic. If it was New York, Chicago, or even New Jersey, Philly,or the Los Angeles Clippers they would've backed the arena

Instead the Miami Heat with this Big 3 can't sell out games and can't even sell tickets

I think it's a disgrace that with the most historically hyped NBA team of all-time they can't even sell tickets.

I do say attendance can be overrated though and the intensity of the crowd is a determining factor. But if you watch Heat home games it sounds dead and the crowd isn't even into the games. It's a pathetic atmosphere

Miami other than the Dolphins is a terrible and fairweather sports city though. The Marlins didn't even sell tickets to World Series games they played in

The Heat organization has just called out the fanbase for being poor fans

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/15262

Still No Rings For Queen James
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Is the Miami Heat fanbase just pathetic?   Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:23 am

I dont know what heat games you watch but they are never dead...thats all i have to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Is the Miami Heat fanbase just pathetic?   Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:33 am

I've watched a ton of Heat games this year. I don't know which ones you've watched. If the Heat organization is calling out the fans must be something wrong

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Is the Miami Heat fanbase just pathetic?   Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:38 am

Ive watched just about every one...I think there calling them out because of attendance. but the ones that show are there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Is the Miami Heat fanbase just pathetic?   Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:43 am

the Heat are selling out every game. So on that front, they're doing well. Now are the folks who bought up season tickets and other packages going to watch the game? And are these fans really fans of the Miami Heat, rather than just LeBron? That's a different story.

The Washington Wizards have had this issue too for awhile and we still have it, but unlike the Heat which has had its share of success in the last 20 years, the Wizards haven't had that much.

The difference is that the Wizards are doing things more subtly. Like these.

1. Early bird specials for food an hour to 30 minutes for tipoff, usually on sandwiches and imported beer.
2. The game host interviews a player after the game. This entices people to stay, especially after a win. We may be heading toward a three stars thing.

I don't think the organization should ever call out their season ticket holders for not being fans....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Is the Miami Heat fanbase just pathetic?   Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Have you been to Miami and are of legal partying age?

There are many more things to take interest in... mostly the barely clothed women and the long parties with booze and "other stuff"... they watch the games at the parties. Why go to an arena?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Is the Miami Heat fanbase just pathetic?   Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Nick C you do have a point

They'd rather be on the beach with hot women with no clothes on than at an arena watching dudes sweat on a wood floor lmao

Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Is the Miami Heat fanbase just pathetic?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:12 am

Heat fanbase has shown to be pathetic during this run.

Look at the Knicks game. Sure alot of people from Jersey and New York move to South Florida but to be outcheered by Knick games on your homecourt in a pivotal game against your teams biggest rivals.

The atmosphere is bad and the Heat fanbase just doesn't support the team. It's not even really a homecourt advtantage for the Heat

Even Los Angeles who's also known for a late arriving crowd you'd never hear half the arena chanting Lets Go Celtics during a big game with the Celtics

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Is the Miami Heat fanbase just pathetic?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:17 pm

Well from boston to LA is 3000 miles from boston to miami is a much shorter flight of 1200 miles...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Is the Miami Heat fanbase just pathetic?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:19 pm

its not as if its a short bus or train ride to Miami from New York though. I never see Celtic fans outcheering Knick fans at Madison Square Garden and it's way closer than Miami to New York

Miami Heat fans in a big game against your biggest rival shouldn't be getting outcheered by your rival fans on your homecourt

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Miami Heat fanbase just pathetic?   

Back to top Go down

Is the Miami Heat fanbase just pathetic?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1