HomeHome  FAQFAQ  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  

Share | 
 

 Nets done with trying to land Anthony.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5894
Points : 15396
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 94
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:13 pm

New Jersey Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov ends pursuit of Carmelo Anthony.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6038636

Houston
Chicago
Dallas
New York... are still in the mix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28784
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:37 pm

Interesting...

Houston might get him after all...

New York,IMO will not take Melo...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdulâ„¢
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 2595
Points : 9143
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:40 pm

I fuckin knew it! I told y'all that trade wasn't happening!! Haha Nenad I win the bet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5894
Points : 15396
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 94
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:06 pm

I think it's a good move by New Jersey.

They were looking desperate. I don't know where they'll go from here, but at least they didn't sign him with the extension and have Melo' force another trade by next season (if there is a next season).

I don't like him in Chicago. I think Carmelo stops the offensive flow and would take the ball out of Rose's hands too much. Plus, I really like Boozer there, who is a good passer and willing passer and has blended in well with Rose and his teammates.

Anthony's game (in my opinion) would eat too much time on the clock and Rose's shooting (even though improved) isn't J.R. Smith, Billups, Harrington, Affalo type of bailout catch and shoot skill that the Nuggets built around Melo'.

Houston... m'eh... I dunno' what he does for them but score. I dunno' what they would have to give up to get him that wouldn't leave the team worse off.

New York and Dallas would be the best spots for Melo'. Leaning more towards Dallas, but who knows if Melo' could handle being second fiddle to Dirk.

Whatever happens it's still gotta' be a multiple team deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 685
Points : 7077
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-11-01
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:08 pm

Magic wrote:
Interesting...

Houston might get him after all...

New York,IMO will not take Melo...

It will be better if they try to persue him in the Free Agency this summer
but it will be even better if they get him now, though im not sure who they are going to get
i dont get it why dont the Nuggets take OJ Mayo? the nuggets are going to get nothing in return
when Melo leaves... i say trade Felton for Nash and bring Melo Smile
im still dreaming ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
avatar

Male Posts : 17831
Points : 31221
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Chicago and NY are the only ones really in the hunt. no one wants to play for houston..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28784
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Nick C wrote:
I think it's a good move by New Jersey.

They were looking desperate. I don't know where they'll go from here, but at least they didn't sign him with the extension and have Melo' force another trade by next season (if there is a next season).

I don't like him in Chicago. I think Carmelo stops the offensive flow and would take the ball out of Rose's hands too much. Plus, I really like Boozer there, who is a good passer and willing passer and has blended in well with Rose and his teammates.

Anthony's game (in my opinion) would eat too much time on the clock and Rose's shooting (even though improved) isn't J.R. Smith, Billups, Harrington, Affalo type of bailout catch and shoot skill that the Nuggets built around Melo'.

Houston... m'eh... I dunno' what he does for them but score. I dunno' what they would have to give up to get him that wouldn't leave the team worse off.

New York and Dallas would be the best spots for Melo'. Leaning more towards Dallas, but who knows if Melo' could handle being second fiddle to Dirk.

Whatever happens it's still gotta' be a multiple team deal.

Pretty much agree in here

I think Houston will get Melo.They need a new superstar since Yao is out...

Melo to the Mavs,i'm not sure how good will be...since both need the ball.Melo doesn't have anything outside of scoring...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5894
Points : 15396
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 94
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:23 pm

Magic wrote:
Nick C wrote:
I think it's a good move by New Jersey.

They were looking desperate. I don't know where they'll go from here, but at least they didn't sign him with the extension and have Melo' force another trade by next season (if there is a next season).

I don't like him in Chicago. I think Carmelo stops the offensive flow and would take the ball out of Rose's hands too much. Plus, I really like Boozer there, who is a good passer and willing passer and has blended in well with Rose and his teammates.

Anthony's game (in my opinion) would eat too much time on the clock and Rose's shooting (even though improved) isn't J.R. Smith, Billups, Harrington, Affalo type of bailout catch and shoot skill that the Nuggets built around Melo'.

Houston... m'eh... I dunno' what he does for them but score. I dunno' what they would have to give up to get him that wouldn't leave the team worse off.

New York and Dallas would be the best spots for Melo'. Leaning more towards Dallas, but who knows if Melo' could handle being second fiddle to Dirk.

Whatever happens it's still gotta' be a multiple team deal.

Pretty much agree in here

I think Houston will get Melo.They need a new superstar since Yao is out...

Melo to the Mavs,i'm not sure how good will be...since both need the ball.Melo doesn't have anything outside of scoring...

The biggest issue I see with Houston is that they'll only go after Melo' if he signs an extension. I don't think there is much left in terms of a solid team of the future on the Rockets, or players outside of Aaron Brooks. I don't think Yao... even after another recovery has a full season of basketball left in him.

Even beyond all that. The NJ-DEN deal had players set to be traded... with the possibility of new teams stepping up, no one know what losses or gains either team will receive until a team(s) steps up with a new structured deal.

But I agree with Visa, I don't think he'd want to play in Houston.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28784
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Nick C wrote:
Magic wrote:
Nick C wrote:
I think it's a good move by New Jersey.

They were looking desperate. I don't know where they'll go from here, but at least they didn't sign him with the extension and have Melo' force another trade by next season (if there is a next season).

I don't like him in Chicago. I think Carmelo stops the offensive flow and would take the ball out of Rose's hands too much. Plus, I really like Boozer there, who is a good passer and willing passer and has blended in well with Rose and his teammates.

Anthony's game (in my opinion) would eat too much time on the clock and Rose's shooting (even though improved) isn't J.R. Smith, Billups, Harrington, Affalo type of bailout catch and shoot skill that the Nuggets built around Melo'.

Houston... m'eh... I dunno' what he does for them but score. I dunno' what they would have to give up to get him that wouldn't leave the team worse off.

New York and Dallas would be the best spots for Melo'. Leaning more towards Dallas, but who knows if Melo' could handle being second fiddle to Dirk.

Whatever happens it's still gotta' be a multiple team deal.

Pretty much agree in here

I think Houston will get Melo.They need a new superstar since Yao is out...

Melo to the Mavs,i'm not sure how good will be...since both need the ball.Melo doesn't have anything outside of scoring...

The biggest issue I see with Houston is that they'll only go after Melo' if he signs an extension. I don't think there is much left in terms of a solid team of the future on the Rockets, or players outside of Aaron Brooks. I don't think Yao... even after another recovery has a full season of basketball left in him.

Even beyond all that. The NJ-DEN deal had players set to be traded... with the possibility of new teams stepping up, no one know what losses or gains either team will receive until a team(s) steps up with a new structured deal.

But I agree with Visa, I don't think he'd want to play in Houston.

He will go somewhere

I doubt he will stay in Denver.Maybe New York?But,i'm not so sure they want him in there..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 3251
Points : 9644
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-06-13
Age : 8
Location : bay area,C.A

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:17 pm



MELO COME TO THE HEAT


Last edited by I cry. on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14149
Points : 27223
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:35 pm

Sexy Boy wrote:
I fuckin knew it! I told y'all that trade wasn't happening!! Haha Nenad I win the bet!



1. was no bet.

2. I never said it was gonna happen for sure. I said sources said it was really close to happening.. so I assumed it was going to happen soon. Esp. when it blew up like that and they were using things like "it's at the 10 yard line in the red zone."

Good job for guessing that it wouldn't happen.. pat yourself on the back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14149
Points : 27223
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Nick C wrote:
I think it's a good move by New Jersey.

They were looking desperate.

^^ that's exactly what I thought when I heard this. And it's better that they back out of it rather than have Melo kinda embarrass them by turning THEM down.

I also agree about Rose... he could ruin team chemistry. I would love to have another scorer on the team... but not one that demands the ball so much.

--------

I don't see it happening with Houston.. they don't have a good shot at winning it this year even with melo.. so I don't see why they would rent Melo for the rest of the year just to make it to the playoffs.

I can easily see the mavs wanting him though.. even if it is just for this season..

obviously the Knicks are in it.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdulâ„¢
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 2595
Points : 9143
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:12 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Sexy Boy wrote:
I fuckin knew it! I told y'all that trade wasn't happening!! Haha Nenad I win the bet!



1. was no bet.

2. I never said it was gonna happen for sure. I said sources said it was really close to happening.. so I assumed it was going to happen soon. Esp. when it blew up like that and they were using things like "it's at the 10 yard line in the red zone."

Good job for guessing that it wouldn't happen.. pat yourself on the back.

Ehh... Well I was right and you were wrong... I win you lose . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5845
Points : 14962
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 25
Location : East Coast

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:26 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Sexy Boy wrote:
I fuckin knew it! I told y'all that trade wasn't happening!! Haha Nenad I win the bet!



1. was no bet.

2. I never said it was gonna happen for sure. I said sources said it was really close to happening.. so I assumed it was going to happen soon. Esp. when it blew up like that and they were using things like "it's at the 10 yard line in the red zone."

Good job for guessing that it wouldn't happen.. pat yourself on the back.

C'mon Nenad! You wuss...own up! He won the bet, fair and square! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6582
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:03 am

Dallas should rent him for the rest of the year + playoffs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14149
Points : 27223
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Jon Barry said something interesting on ESPN that may be true. He said that the Nets are lying and that he thinks there will still be a deal between the Nets and the Nuggets involving Melo. He also also reminded us that Denver was upset with details of the trade being leaked and told NJ that they would trade Melo to NY if reports kept coming out.

So are the Nets lying about backing out just to get the media away so they can work on the Melo deal?

probably not... but it's possible..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 12079
Points : 25056
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 241
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:42 pm

shut up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14149
Points : 27223
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:49 pm

there's 1 reason why this forum is dying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
avatar

Male Posts : 17831
Points : 31221
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:50 pm

the owner looks like a guy who is serious 100% of the time..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14149
Points : 27223
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:53 pm

hahahah yeah.

Not saying I think it's true... but it could be. Especially since Denver told them to be quiet about it a week ago.. what better way to get the media off your ass?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6582
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:58 am

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
hahahah yeah.

Not saying I think it's true... but it could be. Especially since Denver told them to be quiet about it a week ago.. what better way to get the media off your ass?

Denver is asking way too much, especially for someone that doesn't wanna sign an extension with any other team besides the Knicks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14149
Points : 27223
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5894
Points : 15396
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 94
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:32 pm

Of course.

I just want this to be done with. I actually don't care where he goes.

If he went to the Nets, I wouldn't be surprised if he signed the extension and demands a trade one year later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 3669
Points : 11163
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-19
Age : 33
Location : DC Area

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:37 pm

All I know is that the Wizards won't get Anthony, and I don't care where he plays
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Quality
College Baller
College Baller
avatar

Male Posts : 87
Points : 5131
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:19 am

I knew the Nets weren't done. Who holds a press conference to let people know you don't care.

"This shit is not checkers, it's chess" - Alonzo from Training Day
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.onthehum.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nets done with trying to land Anthony.   

Back to top Go down
 
Nets done with trying to land Anthony.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Anthony Rainbow's Farewell Game
» Active organizations fighting for your right to ride Public Land
» ANTHONY OTTLEY Jr HIGHLIGHT 1
» Vermont to revoke rule allowing ATVs on state land
» Anyone selling cheap football nets??

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Basketball Talk :: General NBA Talk :: General NBA-
Jump to: