HomeHome  FAQFAQ  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  

Share | 

Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:47 pm

I was happy to see Yao Ming got the nod as starting Center because he'll be replaced by somebody that deserves to be in the All-Star Game

I say it's a blessing in disguise because those of you who voted and those who looked at the ballots would see there were no All-Star worthy Centers in the West. Andrew Bynum was 2nd in voting for West Centers and he's far from an All-Star this season. Not one center from the ballot on the West was good enough to be an All-Star

I think it works out better now because instead of selecting somebody that didn't deserve to be in the All-Star Game we'll now have David Stern pick a player who is having an All-Star season

Still No Rings For Queen James
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:55 pm

if it's a PF that replaces him in Luis Scola it would be better.

If it has to be purely a C to replace him I say my boy Marcus Camby should get consideration. He is 36 and still top 5 in rpg @ 11.3 RPG. At that age he has had 2 20 rebound games this season and a couple of 19, 18, and 17 rebound games as well. He also has 9 double-doubles, still is 1 of the best passing C's in the NBA, and gets 2 bpg. Not to mention that even though he's played 3 minutes less this year than last he's still a presence on d and Portland plays well with him on floor. Also this would likely be his last chance to see an asg in a very good career without being called to participate in one. Marc Gasol is also another worthy C. Plus he'll be back Feb. 11, assuming that he doesn't get injured again after successful surgery, he should be able to lace up on the 18th.

Top 5 rebounders this season...

Love - 37 mpg
Howard - 36 mpg
Randolph - 36 mpg
Griffin - 37 mpg
Camby - 28 mpg (only 1 not to average well into the 30's in mpg and still able to average 11.3)

* Lee, Okafor, Horford, P. Gasol, and Odom make up 6-10 in RPG & all of them play 30+ mpg and are behind Camby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:15 pm

I'd like to rather see Aldridge in stead of Camby.He's more deserving

Oh,i wish Oden was healthy...he would have made this All-Star as a reserve at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Yeah..I saw them talking about this on espn this afternoon
And I guess you're right for this season...

But the system is still at fault...they need to somehow fix it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Magic wrote:
I'd like to rather see Aldridge in stead of Camby.He's more deserving

Oh,i wish Oden was healthy...he would have made this All-Star as a reserve at least.

If we throwing PF's into the equation, no disrespect to LaMarcus who is playing very well, but Luis Scola and Zach Randolph > LaMarcus....I'd prefer LaMarcus over D.West though.

Also I like Oden, but why this season out of all the others would he be a Allstar haha? Oden is a great defender and rebounder. Yet so is Kendrick Perkins. And Perkins worked mad hard over the years to better develop his offensive game. And he's still no Allstar. For Oden to be an Allstar I think he has to have like a 16/10/2 season and Blazers need to stay afloat. Until he does that I'm not calling him an All-star.

Last edited by EM #51 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Magic wrote:

Que?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:29 pm

At least he isn't Hasheem Thabeet though. Oden actually has capabilities to be something good in this league. It's been only two years but Thabeet has bust written all over him. Grizzlies could've had: Stephen Curry, Tyreke Evans, Jonny Flynn, Brandon Jennings, Taj Gibson, and the list goes on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Magic wrote:
Its not really funny when you make fun of yourself lol

SG Aaron Afflalo
PG Ramon Sessions
6. F Matt Barnes
7. G Norris Cole
8. G/F Xavier Henry
9. C Omar Asik
10. C Hamed Haddidi
11. G Jordan Hamilton
12. G Darius Morris
--------------------------------
This is what Raza chooses to do with his mod powers:
[01:07:13] @ Raza : /molests the fuck outta john
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:01 pm

cbi wrote:
Magic wrote:
Its not really funny when you make fun of yourself lol

It's funny for sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:11 pm

YS wrote:
Magic wrote:

Que?

?

Don't understand the word

But,for sure,if Bynum and Oden were healthy,they would have been All-Stars but then someone will use another if for Yao,so it's understandable....but still
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:22 am

I sure hope Tim Duncan gets in the game one way or another!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:13 am

He will
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:15 am

thewiz06 wrote:
I sure hope Tim Duncan gets in the game one way or another!!!

Ditto!

Or I am not watching the all-star game! lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:07 pm

tim duncan doesnt deserve it..no way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:07 pm

NENE and bynum
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:12 pm

Huh? duncan isn't deserving but Bynum is?

Tyson Chanlder is more desrving than Bynum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?   

Back to top Go down

Is Yao Ming being voted the All-Star Game starting Center actually a blessing in disguise?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1