Share | 

The East is going to be in a position of power

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Quality
College Baller
College Baller

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: The East is going to be in a position of power   Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:48 pm

If Carmelo actually comes over to this side. We already got ourselves Carlos Boozer and Amar'e Stoudemire and we might also get Chris Paul if he decides to go to NYC.

I'm hoping we can put up 60 win seasons over here, and boost the Atlantic division over here, there is no need for teams that are sub .500 to be making the playoffs.

Time for some parity, to the east my brothers to the east.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.onthehum.blogspot.com/
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: The East is going to be in a position of power   Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:53 pm

lol @ "to the east my brothers to the east"

I agree, if the East does get Melo AND Paul; the East could finally become a more dominant conference than the West. Plus, there are potential rising stars in John Wall, Landry Fields, Brook Lopez for instance (too lazy to think of more haha) which could further elevate the talent level in the aforementioned conference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: The East is going to be in a position of power   Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:00 am

maybe the top 5-6 teams would seem better than the top 6 seeds in the west... but overall [meaning teams that aren't in the playoff hunt] the west still may have an advantage. But only if melo moves.

if melo and Paul move to the east... then yeah.. I guess it would be the east.

that's only short term though.

GS/Memphis/LAC will get better cuz they're really young... Portland will get better if they can stay healthy..

Boston is getting older. No one knows the future of DH12.. he may move to the west in couple of years. we don't know if Boozer/amar'e will stay healthy..

I'm thinking too much here.. so I'm gonna stop haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: The East is going to be in a position of power   Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:08 am

West is much much better
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: The East is going to be in a position of power   Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:57 am

Not necessarily true. The West has a bunch of teams with low payrolls (Minny, Sacramento, and LA Clippers) that have young talent, and would have less of a risk of potentially blowing up their teams after the new CBA.

If the hard cap doesn't include exceptions for those old max contracts (I don't want them to), teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Magic, and the Hawks are teams whose organizations that still employ the current strategy of outspending everyone to win. Therefore, they will likely rengotiate contracts and reduce the salaries of many players and blow up their teams after this season since not much money is going off the books next year either. The Mavs are a team that has money going off the books, but will have to think of a new strategy to still attract talent with hard caps coming in. The Miami Heat will likely stay intact with the big three, but assuming the hard cap is very inflexible, they're going to have to restructure the deal somehow.

Teams like the Wizards and the Thunder are already are employing the new strategy of building through the draft and trying to keep overpriced players to a minimum. I know KD is slated to be paid LeBron money, but it's also likely that he will probably have to restructure the deal to lower the cap hit and he will also still be on their team. The Wizards have only Rashard to deal with in terms of a guy who would presumably eat up over a third of the hard cap if things remain where they are right now. Teams that are trying to build through the draft, and add solid veterans/FA's around the core will be the new way to win in the NBA, like it is in the NHL and the NFL. Look at the New England Patriots. Look at the Steelers. Look at the Washington Capitals, the Pittsburgh Penguins. They all have used this method. The Wizards, Thunder, Clippers, and the Spurs will be the new powers of the NBA in the next 10-15 years because they use this method.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Quality
College Baller
College Baller

PostSubject: Re: The East is going to be in a position of power   Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:16 am

The Wizards have talent, but I think they should trade Blatche. He is making cake and under producing. They should go after Jared Sullinger or another PF in the draft and keep developing McGee. I think this year is a contract year for Nick Young -so we'll see how well he does next year when he is making that money.

The draft is pretty slim pickings. A lot of freshmen means that they are going to have to develop these players for a minute. I see the Wiz as being a .500 team next year at least.

Good post though.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: The East is going to be in a position of power   Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:53 am

I think we should re-sign Young but to a deal lower than the current MLE. A good amount of teams that are in need of an extra shooter may try to pay him 10 million a year if the CBA were remaining the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Quality
College Baller
College Baller

PostSubject: Re: The East is going to be in a position of power   Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:03 am

Yea re-sign Young. The Wiz got a nasty backcourt.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: The East is going to be in a position of power   Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:31 pm

West overall is still better,however the star power is on the East
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: The East is going to be in a position of power   Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:25 pm

No.

The east is a sad sack of shit.

Other than loaded teams like Boston and Miami (LeBron, Wade and Bosh actually) and Chicago who can take any big team down, the east is pretty lackluster.

Orlando wins/loses to anyone. Atlanta is even worse.

In the west, Phoenix (19th in the west) is only one game behind #6 New York.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: The East is going to be in a position of power   Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:28 pm

Black and Silver wrote:
lol @ "to the east my brothers to the east"

I agree, if the East does get Melo AND Paul; the East could finally become a more dominant conference than the West. Plus, there are potential rising stars in John Wall, Landry Fields, Brook Lopez for instance (too lazy to think of more haha) which could further elevate the talent level in the aforementioned conference.

You forgot DeMar pale Just kidding. Maybe later. But yeah, East will get more better, but when the hell does Toronto have a chance, right now I guess we are pretty much dead in the water. Only going for picks, and developing our young core. I hope next year we can surprise the whole league like what we did in 06-07 and steal a playoff seed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: The East is going to be in a position of power   Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:30 pm

Nick C wrote:
No.

The east is a sad sack of shit.

Other than loaded teams like Boston and Miami (LeBron, Wade and Bosh actually) and Chicago who can take any big team down, the east is pretty lackluster.

Orlando wins/loses to anyone. Atlanta is even worse.

In the west, Phoenix (19th in the west) is only one game behind #6 New York.

Why is Atlanta and Orlando starting to fall is it because the East is getting too hard?

EPIC AVATAR LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The East is going to be in a position of power   

Back to top Go down

The East is going to be in a position of power
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1