HomeHome  FAQFAQ  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  

Share | 

Knowing now that Utah was willing to give up D. will, should NY have gotten him instead?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Knowing now that Utah was willing to give up D. will, should NY have gotten him instead?   Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:07 pm

They would have given up Felton, Anthony Randolph, a first round pick, and one other player from their roster. Either Gallo, Chandler, Fields, or someone else. But only 1 of them.

A great PG matched up with Amar'e would have been better than having a SF matched up with Amar'e.

plus, the Knicks roster wouldn't have been as gutted.

Too late now.. but something to think about. haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdulâ„¢
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Knowing now that Utah was willing to give up D. will, should NY have gotten him instead?   Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:23 pm

The Lakers should've went after D.Will!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Knowing now that Utah was willing to give up D. will, should NY have gotten him instead?   Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:30 pm

..... did the q have ANYTHING to do with the lakers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdulâ„¢
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Knowing now that Utah was willing to give up D. will, should NY have gotten him instead?   Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:33 pm

No, but I wasn't really interested in the q... :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Knowing now that Utah was willing to give up D. will, should NY have gotten him instead?   Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:35 pm

then don't fuckin answer it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Knowing now that Utah was willing to give up D. will, should NY have gotten him instead?   Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:10 pm

Yeah I agree.

I wonder if anyone knew about the availability of D-Will except for NJ. Or maybe the Jazz just had little interest in Felton or more wing players. Williams would've been a better fit for NY's offense, but I think having both Billups and Anthony is a bigger deal overall than Deron and who knows who else from the Jazz. A lot of the Jazz pieces don't seem like it would help them outside of Deron and maybe Kirilenko's expiring contract.

Maybe it's just a name thing as Melo' is more of a brand name and thats what sells tickets. Plus, I think the NY brass really sold the idea and Melo' wanted to be a Knick and it might of seemed like... uh... a failure if they didn't land him after all of the hype.

Looking back at it though, I personally would've wanted Williams instead. It's not like scoring was a problem for NY. He's young, has playoff experience (not like Billups though) and would've been in an offense that suits him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Knowing now that Utah was willing to give up D. will, should NY have gotten him instead?   Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:19 pm

yeah I heard Chris Broussard say that Utah was making calls to see what D. Will was worth.. but no one actually thought he would be traded.

But this deal happened way too fast. You don't just trade your star player without any prior plans. I wouldn't be surprised if Utah and NJ had talks couple weeks ago.

and it deoesn't seem like NY or any other team even knew D. Will was available or else I'm sure we would have heard rumors.

"Maybe it's just a name thing as Melo' is more of a brand name and thats what sells tickets. Plus, I think the NY brass really sold the idea and Melo' wanted to be a Knick and it might of seemed like... uh... a failure if they didn't land him after all of the hype."

I agree with that. I think even if NY did know about D. Will, they still would have went after Melo... which isn't a good basketball move imo.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knowing now that Utah was willing to give up D. will, should NY have gotten him instead?   

Back to top Go down

Knowing now that Utah was willing to give up D. will, should NY have gotten him instead?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1