2 trades that just happened [BOS/OKC and HOU/MEM]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: 2 trades that just happened [BOS/OKC and HOU/MEM]   Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Boston has agreed to send Kendrick Perkins and nate to OKC for package that includes Jeff Green, sources tell Y! OKC will also send Nenad Krstic to the Celtics for Perkins, source says.

Houston has traded Shane Battier to Memphis for Thabeet and a first-round pick, source tells Y!

Last edited by Bulls N' Bears on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Celtics trade kendrick and nate.   Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:35 pm

I understand perkins because this is the last shot at a title and he holds no vlaue after this season since the big 3 will most likely retire and he's not a franchise center. But I don't understand why they dealt nate away...http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/hc-celtics-trade-with-oklahoma,0,6196499.story
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: 2 trades that just happened [BOS/OKC and HOU/MEM]   Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:53 pm

Yeah...I don't really get why Boston did this...only explanation is because they knew Perkins wouldn't sign an extension, but even then, so fucking what? You just gave up a huge guy that is an excellent defender for a guy that can score but not efficiently and who is a shitty rebounder and defender. Krstic is also solid offensively but mediocre at best with rebounding and defense. And behind him you have the two old, injury-ridden O'Neal's. I just don't get it. Maybe they think they'll be able to grab Dalembert or Murphy if/when their contracts are bought out?

Great for OKC though. Means much more time for Ibaka and they finally have the size they need with Perkins and Mohammed (and Robinson is a great spark off the bench even though the Thunder's backcourt is very crowded). I'm officially worried about meeting them in the playoffs again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quality
College Baller
College Baller

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: 2 trades that just happened [BOS/OKC and HOU/MEM]   Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:09 pm

OKC is looking to make a deep playoff run, I wish them the best. Bobcats are looking to rebuild big time. I'm interested to see where Mayo will go this off season. I think the second half of this season is going to be better than the first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.onthehum.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 trades that just happened [BOS/OKC and HOU/MEM]   

Back to top Go down

2 trades that just happened [BOS/OKC and HOU/MEM]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2