Say it ain't so not the giraffe!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Say it ain't so not the giraffe!!!   Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:51 pm

The Houston Rockets will buy out Jared Jeffries contract. The Knicks are likely to bring Jared Jeffries back to NY. The Melo trade left NY with only 2 players on roster 6"10 or more with Amar'e and Turiaf neither exceeding 6"10. Jeffries is 6"11 with a 7"1 wingspan and played everything from SG, SF, PF, and C for Mike D. He is a solid lock down defender who specializes in drawing offensives and can rebound and pass well that's not my knock on him. My knock on him is that he blows on offense and fails to see it. The guy misses point blank layups and thinks of himself to be a shooter and shoots threes Mad. Why the hell are we bringing him back he's gonna get into the same shit he always did. He was also involved with Melo in the MSG Nuggets v. Knicks brawl. Most of all this guy got a 5 yr $30 million from Dolan, Thomas, Trust & Comp. Being that Walsh's contract has not been exercised yet and the rumored involvement of Isiah in the background I'm not too happy bringing Jeffries back in any capacity because he's one move away from getting a BS contract again.

We go from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-s8d7rDyJQ

To this:

http://uservideos.smashits.com/video/MSkGnhLO8lw/jared-jeffries-i-m-coming-home-msg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Say it ain't so not the giraffe!!!   Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:07 pm

Well it's better than having Q.Bitch back. This is a different team. Back then we actually ran plays for Jeffries on offense I doubt that would happen now. I guess I will chill out and welcome his defense. Just don't sign him up to another massive deal though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Say it ain't so not the giraffe!!!   Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Did you just have a bi-polar episode or something just now Tony? :p

In the first post, you sounded stressed out by the idea of Jeffries returning to the Knicks. Then all the sudden, in your 2nd post, you seemed to have accepted the possibility of him playing for your team once again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Say it ain't so not the giraffe!!!   Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Black and Silver wrote:
Did you just have a bi-polar episode or something just now Tony? :p

In the first post, you sounded stressed out by the idea of Jeffries returning to the Knicks. Then all the sudden, in your 2nd post, you seemed to have accepted the possibility of him playing for your team once again.

Yes sure did homie I'm a man on the edge today, very bipolar haha...I can live with this as long as Isiah Thomas does not come back and collaborate with Dolan to give Jeffries an astronomical contract.

We aren't gonna play Celtics defense that's for sure. Our defense is built around speed and scrappy play. Jeffries would fit this mold. Billups, Douglas, Brewer, Turiaf, and Jeffries can reke havoc on the defensive end as a unit together on the floor. Billups and Douglas are more than capable of holding the fort together offensively with Brewer chipping in a bit as well. Any offense given by Turiaf and Jeffries are a perk, but not as needed.

I'd love Murphy as well we need to bring in more double-digit rebounders and he can score as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quality
College Baller
College Baller

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Say it ain't so not the giraffe!!!   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:49 pm

lol @ the Knicks releasing Corey Brewer already. They are really going for broke this year, championship or bust.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.onthehum.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say it ain't so not the giraffe!!!   

Back to top Go down

Say it ain't so not the giraffe!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Basketball Talk :: General NBA Talk :: General NBA-
Jump to: