Share | 

Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:00 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6167769

is he gonna go to miami too?!?! Scared

Last edited by Bulls N' Bears on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:01 pm

I hope he goes to Detroit or Chicago or something. Easy points for Sessions and Baron Cool

SG Aaron Afflalo
PG Ramon Sessions
6. F Matt Barnes
7. G Norris Cole
8. G/F Xavier Henry
9. C Omar Asik
10. C Hamed Haddidi
11. G Jordan Hamilton
12. G Darius Morris
--------------------------------
This is what Raza chooses to do with his mod powers:
[01:07:13] @ Raza : /molests the fuck outta john
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdulâ„¢
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:05 pm

I hope no one signs him and he retires...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:09 pm

"In a stunning move, Bibby, gave up his entire salary for next season, sources said. The 32-year-old point guard had one year and $6.2 million left on his deal"

That's a guy that really wants a ring.

But Bibby will most likely end up in BOS or MIA. He can potenitally start for MIA and has a best shot at a ring if he signs with BOS.. pretty much same as Troy Murphy.. only Murphy wouldn't start for MIA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:11 pm

I see him going to LA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:55 pm

DC teams till tha death wrote:
I see him going to LA.

I read that LA was interested in him, but I just can't see him wanting to put on the purple and gold after, well, what happened in '02, especially when he can go to Boston and Miami and have just as good (maybe better) a chance at a ring there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdulâ„¢
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:00 pm

We're bad enough @ PG, we don't need another old fart...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:03 pm

2 old farts>1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Already there

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/2/28/2021209/mike-bibby-signs-miami-heat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Its not official..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:08 pm

yeah.. nothing is official but it looks like Bibby is headed to Miami.

I don't blame him... he's shooting 43% from 3 this year and will be shooting a lot of open jumpers with the Heat.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:39 am

I don't blame him for getting bought out. Part of the reason why he he decided to forego his 2011-2012 season salary is because of the likelihood of a lockout and the possibility that a good amount if not all of that salary will be gone.

This move gives the Wizzies some financial flexibility, sure, but this move also can be perceived as showing how unattractive Washington DC is as an NBA city, to the point where decent players (Bibby is a decent player) will take less money just not to play here. Last year we had Drew Gooden and Zydrunas Ilgauskas whining during their short tenures here. Now, we had Kirk (who was disappointed but still played), Rashard (was depressed at first but still played and is contributing), and now this guy (who was disappointed and gets his get outta jail free card).....

I have a feeling the NBA is thinking about folding the Wizards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:46 pm

thewiz06 wrote:

but this move also can be perceived as showing how unattractive Washington DC is as an NBA city, to the point where decent players (Bibby is a decent player) will take less money just not to play here.

I don't think that at all. Which veteran player in the NBA WANTS to play for a team that won't compete for a championship? Bibby has made his money, has had his fame and now just want to win. Giving up 6 million just proves that.

Rip hamilton on the other hand... he had a choice to be traded to the Cavs and they said they would buy out his contract. But he didn't agree to the terms of the buy ouy because they wouldn't have given him the amount of money he wanted. So instead, he's stuck on a shitty team instead of looking for a spot on the Bulls or Celtics. But he also already has a ring.. so I guess money is more important to him now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Were on the "pontential fold" list for sure..but I don't think we have to worry about that..this is DC. You just can't take the wizards away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:01 pm

Reports say he's unfortunately going to play for MIA cause he wants a ring and he wants to play alongside his brother-in-law in backup SG in Eddie House. Bibby gets a chance to start cause he's still a good spot-up shooter (better than Chalmers). And although Chalmers is a solid and speedy defender and Bibby has always refrained from playing and is slow as can be these days, Bibby still can direct an offense better. Bibby still has clutch left in him. I'm not too thrilled by this obviously.

MIA is @ a maximum of players, so they would have to waive a player or 2 if they want to add Bibby and gulp Murphy (hopefully not). Odds are its gonna be Carlos Arroyo. They would not need him anyways if they got Bibby and even without Bibby Arroyo has not been part of the rotation in a while. Mostly Wade has taken over the PG duties when Chalmers it out of the game and Bron has done a little of it as well from time to time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:32 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6177927

now it's official.

How much do you guys think this is or isn't going to help the Heat?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Does not make a significant difference.
Him and Arroyo are basically the same players to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Man...

It's like the Heat are trying to sign every player I have a huge dislike for.

I heard Eddie Curry was saying he was going to sign with the Heat as well. Naturally.

Bibby gives them a player that will make safe passes, even though he's not a penetrate and pass guy or has a high ast ratio, he'll at least bring some calmness/experience to the PG slot. Plus, he's a good half court point guard.

Defensively Bibby was never a good defender... even in his youth... so when he's on the floor he'll have to watched by LeBron, Wade and whoever is covering the post, because his cover will blow by him. He'll still get a steal or so a game.

Obviously his biggest strength is shooting and playoff experience. That'll be the biggest payoff as Arroyo and Chalmers are both young and have streaky range. Also, Carlos has been an ass every place he's played. It's not a surprise they they cut him. Mario complained frequently about his playing time and on again off again place as a starter.

Bibby can come in and at least give the PG spot some poise and stability, even if he doesn't start. Having Wade Bosh and LeBron is a definite upgrade over Joe Johnson and Josh Smith... Horford is better than Bosh... But combined, they are easily better than ATL and Bibby should get some really good looks at the rim because of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:23 pm

its an upgrade from arroyo..thats for sure..there different types of players but bibbys an upgrade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quality
College Baller
College Baller

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Teams in the east are getting locked and loaded for the playoffs. This year is going to be more exciting than most - there is going to be a lot of disappointed fans out there after whoever wins the championship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.onthehum.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat   

Back to top Go down

Wizards buy out Bibby's contract/ signs with Heat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1