HomeHome  FAQFAQ  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  

Share | 
 

 Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie


Male Posts : 815
Points : 5932
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Dirk Nowitzki is leading his team to the second best record in the West, and if he wasn't injuries at that time frame, they would have been 1st in the West.

Rose is great, but his team is to blame for their success.
LeBron has Wade and Bosh.
Amar'e not has 'Melo.

Dirk is the ONLY one w/o a legit other superstar..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend


Male Posts : 18953
Points : 33110
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21
Location : Cleve-a-land

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:33 pm

He doesnt have another superstar but the Mavs might be the deepest team in the league.

_________________
C Chris Kaman
PF Andray Blatche
SF Thabo Sefolosha
SG Aaron Afflalo
PG Ramon Sessions
6. F Matt Barnes
7. G Norris Cole
8. G/F Xavier Henry
9. C Omar Asik
10. C Hamed Haddidi
11. G Jordan Hamilton
12. G Darius Morris
--------------------------------
This is what Raza chooses to do with his mod powers:
[01:07:13] @ Raza : /molests the fuck outta john
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar


Male Posts : 14149
Points : 26573
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:35 pm

King wrote:
Rose is great, but his team is to blame for their success.

huh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran


Male Posts : 6319
Points : 14867
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Ridgefield, New Joizzzeeee (You already know!!!)

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:36 pm

yep success blows lets all blame his teammates . It's a known fact D.Rose doesn't like winning so he wants to be sabotaged haha


Last edited by EM: on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie


Male Posts : 815
Points : 5932
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:36 pm

cbi wrote:
He doesnt have another superstar but the Mavs might be the deepest team in the league.

Hell no. Our bench is only good because of Jet Terry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdul™
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie


Male Posts : 2595
Points : 8493
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:37 pm

Rose doesn't really have a "superstar" either, but you say his team is to blame for their success? Um... well Dirk has one of the deepest teams in the league, so I guess his team is to blame for their success also...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie


Male Posts : 815
Points : 5932
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:38 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
King wrote:
Rose is great, but his team is to blame for their success.

huh?

Derrick Rose is great, but he gets way too much credit for his team winning, when it should be given to the defensive execution (Brewer, Deng).

Tom Thibodeau is a excellent defensive coach, probably the best in the NBA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran


Male Posts : 6319
Points : 14867
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Ridgefield, New Joizzzeeee (You already know!!!)

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:38 pm

King wrote:
cbi wrote:
He doesnt have another superstar but the Mavs might be the deepest team in the league.

Hell no. Our bench is only good because of Jet Terry.

Marion versatile
Barea could take it to the rim at will and can shoot and took over playoff series before

Beaubois will come off bench now that they get Corey Brewer he can fill it up (perhaps a young Terry)

Brendan Haywood starting C capabilities
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend


Male Posts : 17831
Points : 30571
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:39 pm

I should lock this..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie


Male Posts : 815
Points : 5932
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:39 pm

Killer Bee ™ wrote:
Rose doesn't really have a "superstar" either, but you say his team is to blame for their success? Um... well Dirk has one of the deepest teams in the league, so I guess his team is to blame for their success also...

Carlos Boozer -20/10 guy
Joakim Noah -15/10 guy
Luol Deng -18/8 guy
Ronnie Brewer -His defense is the best at his position in the East
Kyle Korver -One of the best pure shooters in the NBA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie


Male Posts : 815
Points : 5932
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:40 pm

EM: wrote:
King wrote:
cbi wrote:
He doesnt have another superstar but the Mavs might be the deepest team in the league.

Hell no. Our bench is only good because of Jet Terry.

Marion versatile
Barea could take it to the rim at will and can shoot and took over playoff series before

Beaubois will come off bench now that they get Corey Brewer he can fill it up (perhaps a young Terry)

Brendan Haywood starting C capabilities

Shawn Marion is only good at defense at this point in his career.
Barea is inconsistent.
Beubois is coming off an injury, hasn't been effective.
Haywood is just a fat overpaid bastard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran


Male Posts : 6319
Points : 14867
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Ridgefield, New Joizzzeeee (You already know!!!)

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:41 pm

Dirk is very boss though he's the man!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie


Male Posts : 815
Points : 5932
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:41 pm

DC teams till tha death wrote:
I should lock this..

Please don't
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie


Male Posts : 815
Points : 5932
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:42 pm

EM: wrote:
Dirk is very boss though he's the man!!!

I know

Look at the Mavericks at the beginning of the season: Contending for best in the West
Look at the Mavericks when he went down: Only won one game in a stretch of 10 games
Look at the Mavericks with him back: Second best in the West
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar


Male Posts : 14149
Points : 26573
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:44 pm

King wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:
King wrote:
Rose is great, but his team is to blame for their success.

huh?

Derrick Rose is great, but he gets way too much credit for his team winning, when it should be given to the defensive execution (Brewer, Deng).

Tom Thibodeau is a excellent defensive coach, probably the best in the NBA.

I said "huh?" because what you said made no sense.


maybe he gets a lot of credit for the Bulls winning because he's the biggest reason why we win games....

if that's your argument, then Dirk isn't MVP either. Chandler is a DPOY candidate, they have a 6th man of the year in Jason Terry, J. Kidd is one of the best PG's ever, etc. So Dirk isn't MVP because of those guys.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie


Male Posts : 815
Points : 5932
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:46 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
King wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:
King wrote:
Rose is great, but his team is to blame for their success.

huh?

Derrick Rose is great, but he gets way too much credit for his team winning, when it should be given to the defensive execution (Brewer, Deng).

Tom Thibodeau is a excellent defensive coach, probably the best in the NBA.

I said "huh?" because what you said made no sense.


maybe he gets a lot of credit for the Bulls winning because he's the biggest reason why we win games....

if that's your argument, then Dirk isn't MVP either. Chandler is a DPOY candidate, they have a 6th man of the year in Jason Terry, J. Kidd is one of the best PG's ever, etc. So Dirk isn't MVP because of those guys.


Actually, no

He scores way too much, but that's the Bulls GM fault for not bringing another scorer

He went 5/20+ today and only had around 12 points..

Chandler? He is good defensively, but w/o a great distributing PG, he is just a smaller Kendrick Perkins.

Jason Terry is inconsistent
Jason Kidd is old.. Out of his prime.

Dirk is MVP!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdul™
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie


Male Posts : 2595
Points : 8493
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:47 pm

King wrote:
Killer Bee ™ wrote:
Rose doesn't really have a "superstar" either, but you say his team is to blame for their success? Um... well Dirk has one of the deepest teams in the league, so I guess his team is to blame for their success also...

Carlos Boozer -20/10 guy
Joakim Noah -15/10 guy
Luol Deng -18/8 guy
Ronnie Brewer -His defense is the best at his position in the East
Kyle Korver -One of the best pure shooters in the NBA

Tyson Chandler - One of the best defensive centers in the league
Kidd - HOF PG
Shawn Marion - Versatile and great D
Barea - Good young backup pg
Beaubois - Good young backup gaurd
Terry - 6th man of the year candidate every year
Haywood - I agree that he is fat and overpaid, but he could be a starting C on most teams....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie


Male Posts : 815
Points : 5932
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Killer Bee ™ wrote:
King wrote:
Killer Bee ™ wrote:
Rose doesn't really have a "superstar" either, but you say his team is to blame for their success? Um... well Dirk has one of the deepest teams in the league, so I guess his team is to blame for their success also...

Carlos Boozer -20/10 guy
Joakim Noah -15/10 guy
Luol Deng -18/8 guy
Ronnie Brewer -His defense is the best at his position in the East
Kyle Korver -One of the best pure shooters in the NBA

Tyson Chandler - One of the best defensive centers in the league
Kidd - HOF PG
Shawn Marion - Versatile and great D
Barea - Good young backup pg
Beaubois - Good young backup gaurd
Terry - 6th man of the year candidate every year
Haywood - I agree that he is fat and overpaid, but he could be a starting C on most teams....

Jason Kidd -Out of his prime
Shawn Marion -Out of his prime
Barea -Inconsistent
Beubois -Injury prone, small SG
Terry -Doesn't show up in big games
Haywood -Fat ass..

If Dirk and Rose were to switch teams, The Bulls would be one of the best teams in NBA history. They would eventually trade Boozer for a good PG like Chris Paul.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran


Male Posts : 6319
Points : 14867
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Ridgefield, New Joizzzeeee (You already know!!!)

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:51 pm

What I'll agree on is that despite the fact that the Mavs are deep (perhaps deepest in NBA). They have no true second. Meaning J.Kidd, Terry, Marion, etc. alternate themselves for that role especially in the playoffs. They have the tendancy to give out and play inconsistent to the point they don't play collectively well together all that much and it's one plays well and the other one doesn't. Then the next game in the series the one who didn't play well plays well while the one that did play well puts up a goose egg. Playoff-wise Dirk has remained the only constant and he's had great series'. Although, this season could be the best defensive Dallas team I've seen so that can pay dividence in the playoffs and perhaps change what has been accustomed, who knows?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie


Male Posts : 815
Points : 5932
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:53 pm

EM: wrote:
What I'll agree on is that despite the fact that the Mavs are deep (perhaps deepest in NBA). They have no true second. Meaning J.Kidd, Terry, Marion, etc. alternate themselves for that role especially in the playoffs. They have the tendancy to give out and play inconsistent to the point they don't play collectively well together all that much and it's one plays well and the other one doesn't. Then the next game in the series the one who didn't play well plays well while the one that did play well puts up a goose egg. Playoff-wise Dirk has remained the only constant and he's had great series'. Although, this season could be the best defensive Dallas team I've seen so that can pay dividence in the playoffs and perhaps change what has been accustomed, who knows?

Dallas needs to win it all this year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran


Male Posts : 6319
Points : 14867
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Ridgefield, New Joizzzeeee (You already know!!!)

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:53 pm

King wrote:
Killer Bee ™ wrote:
King wrote:
Killer Bee ™ wrote:
Rose doesn't really have a "superstar" either, but you say his team is to blame for their success? Um... well Dirk has one of the deepest teams in the league, so I guess his team is to blame for their success also...

Carlos Boozer -20/10 guy
Joakim Noah -15/10 guy
Luol Deng -18/8 guy
Ronnie Brewer -His defense is the best at his position in the East
Kyle Korver -One of the best pure shooters in the NBA

Tyson Chandler - One of the best defensive centers in the league
Kidd - HOF PG
Shawn Marion - Versatile and great D
Barea - Good young backup pg
Beaubois - Good young backup gaurd
Terry - 6th man of the year candidate every year
Haywood - I agree that he is fat and overpaid, but he could be a starting C on most teams....

Jason Kidd -Out of his prime
Shawn Marion -Out of his prime
Barea -Inconsistent
Beubois -Injury prone, small SG
Terry -Doesn't show up in big games
Haywood -Fat ass..

If Dirk and Rose were to switch teams, The Bulls would be one of the best teams in NBA history. They would eventually trade Boozer for a good PG like Chris Paul.

They can get things done though still...

Marion has had strong and effective all-around games this yr as has Kidd. Kidd just came off a triple-double, which few half his age could pull off...

Haywood is a solid player. You want overpaid fat ass take a look at Eddy Curry!!!


And CP3 hasn't been the same PG he was in 07 he's lost a lot of his explosiveness and isn't the same scorer or even defender. He's been struggling for a while now.


Last edited by EM: on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie


Male Posts : 815
Points : 5932
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:54 pm

EM: wrote:
King wrote:
Killer Bee ™ wrote:
King wrote:
Killer Bee ™ wrote:
Rose doesn't really have a "superstar" either, but you say his team is to blame for their success? Um... well Dirk has one of the deepest teams in the league, so I guess his team is to blame for their success also...

Carlos Boozer -20/10 guy
Joakim Noah -15/10 guy
Luol Deng -18/8 guy
Ronnie Brewer -His defense is the best at his position in the East
Kyle Korver -One of the best pure shooters in the NBA

Tyson Chandler - One of the best defensive centers in the league
Kidd - HOF PG
Shawn Marion - Versatile and great D
Barea - Good young backup pg
Beaubois - Good young backup gaurd
Terry - 6th man of the year candidate every year
Haywood - I agree that he is fat and overpaid, but he could be a starting C on most teams....

Jason Kidd -Out of his prime
Shawn Marion -Out of his prime
Barea -Inconsistent
Beubois -Injury prone, small SG
Terry -Doesn't show up in big games
Haywood -Fat ass..

If Dirk and Rose were to switch teams, The Bulls would be one of the best teams in NBA history. They would eventually trade Boozer for a good PG like Chris Paul.

They can get things done though still...

Marion has had strong and effective all-around games this yr as has Kidd. Kidd just came off a triple-double, which few have his age could pull off...

Haywood is a solid player. You want overpaid fat ass take a look at Eddy Curry!!!


And CP3 hasn't been the same PG he was in 07 he's lost a lot of his explosiveness and isn't the same scorer or even defender. He's been struggling for a while now.

Only in spurts though.

Remember through that stretch when Dirk was injured and they all looked lazy..?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran


Male Posts : 6319
Points : 14867
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Ridgefield, New Joizzzeeee (You already know!!!)

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:55 pm

Yeah Dirk is definetly needed he's what makes them go!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie


Male Posts : 3233
Points : 10017
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-14
Location : Look behind you fool!

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:56 pm

I guess dirk has been overlooked this season as a MVP candidate, I'm not sure where the LBJ for MVP hype comes from since the doing-most-with-least argument no longer applies (he's in the top 3-4 to be fair), but to me seeing how bad Dallas played w/o Dirk should give him some MVP credit. It's between him and Rose in my opinion.

As for best player... well you can make a case if you want, but Dirk's defensive liability is a major downer and that's my case against Dirk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie


Male Posts : 815
Points : 5932
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:58 pm

MC-dizzle wrote:
I guess dirk has been overlooked this season as a MVP candidate, I'm not sure where the LBJ for MVP hype comes from since the doing-most-with-least argument no longer applies (he's in the top 3-4 to be fair), but to me seeing how bad Dallas played w/o Dirk should give him some MVP credit. It's between him and Rose in my opinion.

As for best player... well you can make a case if you want, but Dirk's defensive liability is a major downer and that's my case against Dirk.

1) Dirk
2) LeBron


3) Rose..

Dirk is a defensive liability? Is that why they are on a 7-game winning streak? Second best in the NBA in front of the FAKERS?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league   Today at 11:04 am

Back to top Go down
 
Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA / MVP of the league
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» NBA 2k12 Custom Cover
» Toughest Athletes
» Team Player Photo Requirement on Gotsoccer Roster - API League
» McDonald's Mini player commercials
» Who is the best Gr. 9 player in Peel??

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Basketball Talk :: General NBA Talk :: General NBA-
Jump to: