HomeHome  FAQFAQ  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  

Share | 
 

 LeBron James is a playoffs choker

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6466
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:10 am

2006: 30.8 / 8.1 / 5.8
2007: 25.1 / 8.1 / 8.0 (Took the weakest team in playoffs history to the finals)
2008: 28.2 / 7.8 / 7.6
2009: 35.3 / 9.1 / 7.3
2010: 29.1 / 9.3 / 7.6

Damn, LeBron is so overrated!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
avatar

Male Posts : 17831
Points : 31105
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:13 am

I agree. he definetly never choked in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6466
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:17 am

I rep 301 wrote:
I agree. he definetly never choked in the playoffs.

King James never choked, his supporting cast (Mo Williams) always did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 3669
Points : 11047
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-19
Age : 33
Location : DC Area

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:29 am

LeBron is my favorite fantasy player in the league!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5845
Points : 14846
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 25
Location : East Coast

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:35 am

You bet he is. Anyone who saw him against the Celtics last season would certainly agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28668
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:15 am

Nope,he isn't

He's excellent player

However,game 2 and 5 of the last year's playoffs were quitting..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5401
Points : 13941
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Jail

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:10 am

Yes he's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5894
Points : 15280
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 93
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:23 am

Chris wrote:
Yes he's.

CHRIS PICK YER DAMN PLAYER FOR THE ALL TIME DRAFT!!!

Oh... and LeBron shot 33% for that Finals versus San Antonio.

And let Paul Pierce score 41 on him including the last couple of points to seal the deal in the first Boston match up including shooting 11% one game and a couple of 30% games... He also quit on his team last year, because he had already known he was headed to Miami... he's not a chocker... that's stupid... but he's had a hand in his teams losses too.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28668
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:46 am

Nick C wrote:
Chris wrote:
Yes he's.

CHRIS PICK YER DAMN PLAYER FOR THE ALL TIME DRAFT!!!

Oh... and LeBron shot 33% for that Finals versus San Antonio.

And let Paul Pierce score 41 on him including the last couple of points to seal the deal in the first Boston match up including shooting 11% one game and a couple of 30% games... He also quit on his team last year, because he had already known he was headed to Miami... he's not a chocker... that's stupid... but he's had a hand in his teams losses too.


I agree that he cost Cleveland sometimes with his awful shooting percents
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
avatar

Male Posts : 17831
Points : 31105
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:24 am

Why would he quit? Wouldn't it make more sense to win a title on his own before leaving?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 3669
Points : 11047
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-19
Age : 33
Location : DC Area

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:00 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
You bet he is. Anyone who saw him against the Celtics last season would certainly agree.

I do think LeBron did quit on the Cavs too last season. He was using New York City and Chicago as a smoke screen for him to go to Miami, which no one really thought he would do until the days right before the Decision.

There is almost no doubt that LeBron was intent on going to Miami during the 2009-2010 season, and while he was given the best surrounding cast possible, he wasn't going to give it his all after Round 1 because should he get to at least the Conference Finals, he would then HAVE to give it his all to keep ratings high and also because at that point it is in his interest to win the Championship now if the Cavs are really able to. And lastly, if the Cavs won the 2010 NBA championship, it could have looked even worse for him to leave for Miami.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Female Posts : 10793
Points : 21877
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Wait, so Lebron is a choker and Dirk isn't?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5894
Points : 15280
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 93
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Black and Silver wrote:
Wait, so Lebron is a choker and Dirk isn't?

I don't think either of them choked per se. Just both haven't come through at times when being the main man requires you to take responsibility (to Dirk's credit he takes more responsibility for the MAVS failures than LeBron does... ever). They've both been reasons their teams win and lose... but it has to be placed on their shoulders because they are the best players on their respective teams.

It's their fans (not all of them) that like to blame their respective teammates instead of the stars because to them their superstars are perfect and can do no wrong.

I think Kobe is a shot jacker, forces the issue and can shoot the Lakers out of games. He also doesn't play defense like he use to... He also bitches too much about fouls instead of getting back on defense.

See that was easy.

But for some reason Dirk and LeBron fans only want to blame his teammates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdulâ„¢
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 2595
Points : 9027
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:23 pm

King wrote:
I rep 301 wrote:
I agree. he definetly never choked in the playoffs.

King James never choked, his supporting cast (Mo Williams) always did.

This statement is so false.. :silent:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
avatar

Male Posts : 18953
Points : 33644
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21
Location : Cleve-a-land

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:55 pm

King wrote:
(Took the weakest team in playoffs history to the finals)
Weakest team in playoffs history? No lol.
Weakest team in finals history? Debatable, but I'm going to say no.


And LeBron sucked asshole in the playoffs besides that one game against the pistons and the game winning shot against the magic.
If I watched almost every Cavs playoff game during LeBron's time in cleveland and those are pretty much the only moments I can remember... and I'm a Cavs fan.. that's not exactly good on lebrons part.

_________________
C Chris Kaman
PF Andray Blatche
SF Thabo Sefolosha
SG Aaron Afflalo
PG Ramon Sessions
6. F Matt Barnes
7. G Norris Cole
8. G/F Xavier Henry
9. C Omar Asik
10. C Hamed Haddidi
11. G Jordan Hamilton
12. G Darius Morris
--------------------------------
This is what Raza chooses to do with his mod powers:
[01:07:13] @ Raza : /molests the fuck outta john
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6466
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:14 pm

cbi wrote:
King wrote:
(Took the weakest team in playoffs history to the finals)
Weakest team in playoffs history? No lol.
Weakest team in finals history? Debatable, but I'm going to say no.


And LeBron sucked asshole in the playoffs besides that one game against the pistons and the game winning shot against the magic.
If I watched almost every Cavs playoff game during LeBron's time in cleveland and those are pretty much the only moments I can remember... and I'm a Cavs fan.. that's not exactly good on lebrons part.

List a team weaker than the CAVS in 2007 that went to the finals.
He sucks in the playoffs? Look at the stats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
avatar

Male Posts : 18953
Points : 33644
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21
Location : Cleve-a-land

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:24 pm

How about that 8th seeded knicks team. You know, the one that was an 8th seed?

and "sucked asshole" wasnt the right choice of words but are you really trying to argue that lebron is a great playoffs player because he puts up big numbers? He's not. Thats really all I can tell you. He's just not.

_________________
C Chris Kaman
PF Andray Blatche
SF Thabo Sefolosha
SG Aaron Afflalo
PG Ramon Sessions
6. F Matt Barnes
7. G Norris Cole
8. G/F Xavier Henry
9. C Omar Asik
10. C Hamed Haddidi
11. G Jordan Hamilton
12. G Darius Morris
--------------------------------
This is what Raza chooses to do with his mod powers:
[01:07:13] @ Raza : /molests the fuck outta john
Back to top Go down
View user profile
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5078
Points : 13429
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-17
Location : San Francisco

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:10 pm

cbi wrote:
How about that 8th seeded knicks team. You know, the one that was an 8th seed?

and "sucked asshole" wasnt the right choice of words but are you really trying to argue that lebron is a great playoffs player because he puts up big numbers? He's not. Thats really all I can tell you. He's just not.

Uhh...

The 98-99 Knicks had Patrick Ewing (who was still averaging 17 and 10), Latrell Sprewell, Allan Houston, Larry Johnson...hell, even Marcus Camby and Kurt Thomas were serviceable players. You have to remember that the 98-99 season was lockout shortened, so who knows what seed they would have been had they played an entire season.

Sprewell, Houston, Ewing, Johnson > LeBron, Larry Hughes (the team's second leading scorer? really now...), Ilguaskas, and Drew Gooden.

Although I do agree that LeBron's playoff numbers aren't reflective of his overall performance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28668
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:24 pm

Nick C wrote:
Black and Silver wrote:
Wait, so Lebron is a choker and Dirk isn't?

I don't think either of them choked per se. Just both haven't come through at times when being the main man requires you to take responsibility (to Dirk's credit he takes more responsibility for the MAVS failures than LeBron does... ever). They've both been reasons their teams win and lose... but it has to be placed on their shoulders because they are the best players on their respective teams.

It's their fans (not all of them) that like to blame their respective teammates instead of the stars because to them their superstars are perfect and can do no wrong.

I think Kobe is a shot jacker, forces the issue and can shoot the Lakers out of games. He also doesn't play defense like he use to... He also bitches too much about fouls instead of getting back on defense.

See that was easy.

But for some reason Dirk and LeBron fans only want to blame his teammates.

I agree with this as well

IMO LeBron's lack of shooting touch gets him when he takes a shot to win a game and sometimes is selfish when he acts a Iverson and takes a contested shot..yikes

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5894
Points : 15280
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 93
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:37 pm

No Longer DEAD wrote:
cbi wrote:
How about that 8th seeded knicks team. You know, the one that was an 8th seed?

and "sucked asshole" wasnt the right choice of words but are you really trying to argue that lebron is a great playoffs player because he puts up big numbers? He's not. Thats really all I can tell you. He's just not.

Uhh...

The 98-99 Knicks had Patrick Ewing (who was still averaging 17 and 10), Latrell Sprewell, Allan Houston, Larry Johnson...hell, even Marcus Camby and Kurt Thomas were serviceable players. You have to remember that the 98-99 season was lockout shortened, so who knows what seed they would have been had they played an entire season.

Sprewell, Houston, Ewing, Johnson > LeBron, Larry Hughes (the team's second leading scorer? really now...), Ilguaskas, and Drew Gooden.

Although I do agree that LeBron's playoff numbers aren't reflective of his overall performance.

Ewing didn't play in the Finals. He was injured in the ECF. Plus he only played well in the first round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5078
Points : 13429
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-17
Location : San Francisco

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:05 pm

Nick C wrote:
No Longer DEAD wrote:
cbi wrote:
How about that 8th seeded knicks team. You know, the one that was an 8th seed?

and "sucked asshole" wasnt the right choice of words but are you really trying to argue that lebron is a great playoffs player because he puts up big numbers? He's not. Thats really all I can tell you. He's just not.

Uhh...

The 98-99 Knicks had Patrick Ewing (who was still averaging 17 and 10), Latrell Sprewell, Allan Houston, Larry Johnson...hell, even Marcus Camby and Kurt Thomas were serviceable players. You have to remember that the 98-99 season was lockout shortened, so who knows what seed they would have been had they played an entire season.

Sprewell, Houston, Ewing, Johnson > LeBron, Larry Hughes (the team's second leading scorer? really now...), Ilguaskas, and Drew Gooden.

Although I do agree that LeBron's playoff numbers aren't reflective of his overall performance.

Ewing didn't play in the Finals. He was injured in the ECF. Plus he only played well in the first round.

Oh, well excuse me for not being 67 years old like you and remembering the 1912 ABA Finals and what not. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5894
Points : 15280
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 93
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:56 am

No Longer DEAD wrote:
Nick C wrote:
No Longer DEAD wrote:
cbi wrote:
How about that 8th seeded knicks team. You know, the one that was an 8th seed?

and "sucked asshole" wasnt the right choice of words but are you really trying to argue that lebron is a great playoffs player because he puts up big numbers? He's not. Thats really all I can tell you. He's just not.

Uhh...

The 98-99 Knicks had Patrick Ewing (who was still averaging 17 and 10), Latrell Sprewell, Allan Houston, Larry Johnson...hell, even Marcus Camby and Kurt Thomas were serviceable players. You have to remember that the 98-99 season was lockout shortened, so who knows what seed they would have been had they played an entire season.

Sprewell, Houston, Ewing, Johnson > LeBron, Larry Hughes (the team's second leading scorer? really now...), Ilguaskas, and Drew Gooden.

Although I do agree that LeBron's playoff numbers aren't reflective of his overall performance.

Ewing didn't play in the Finals. He was injured in the ECF. Plus he only played well in the first round.

Oh, well excuse me for not being 67 years old like you and remembering the 1912 ABA Finals and what not. Razz

I'm 87 years old and there was no 1912 ABA Finals... don't make me take you eye out young man.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6466
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:43 am

cbi wrote:
How about that 8th seeded knicks team. You know, the one that was an 8th seed?

and "sucked asshole" wasnt the right choice of words but are you really trying to argue that lebron is a great playoffs player because he puts up big numbers? He's not. Thats really all I can tell you. He's just not.

The 8th seeded Knicks had better players than the 1st seeded Cavaliers. What the hell does that tell you? King James is one of the best playoff performances in NBA history.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 815
Points : 6466
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:45 am

Nick C wrote:
No Longer DEAD wrote:
Nick C wrote:
No Longer DEAD wrote:
cbi wrote:
How about that 8th seeded knicks team. You know, the one that was an 8th seed?

and "sucked asshole" wasnt the right choice of words but are you really trying to argue that lebron is a great playoffs player because he puts up big numbers? He's not. Thats really all I can tell you. He's just not.

Uhh...

The 98-99 Knicks had Patrick Ewing (who was still averaging 17 and 10), Latrell Sprewell, Allan Houston, Larry Johnson...hell, even Marcus Camby and Kurt Thomas were serviceable players. You have to remember that the 98-99 season was lockout shortened, so who knows what seed they would have been had they played an entire season.

Sprewell, Houston, Ewing, Johnson > LeBron, Larry Hughes (the team's second leading scorer? really now...), Ilguaskas, and Drew Gooden.

Although I do agree that LeBron's playoff numbers aren't reflective of his overall performance.

Ewing didn't play in the Finals. He was injured in the ECF. Plus he only played well in the first round.

Oh, well excuse me for not being 67 years old like you and remembering the 1912 ABA Finals and what not. Razz

I'm 87 years old and there was no 1912 ABA Finals... don't make me take you eye out young man.




Kobe went 6-24 and choked in the finals, yet got MVP..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5894
Points : 15280
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 93
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:28 am

King wrote:
Nick C wrote:
No Longer DEAD wrote:
Nick C wrote:
No Longer DEAD wrote:
cbi wrote:
How about that 8th seeded knicks team. You know, the one that was an 8th seed?

and "sucked asshole" wasnt the right choice of words but are you really trying to argue that lebron is a great playoffs player because he puts up big numbers? He's not. Thats really all I can tell you. He's just not.

Uhh...

The 98-99 Knicks had Patrick Ewing (who was still averaging 17 and 10), Latrell Sprewell, Allan Houston, Larry Johnson...hell, even Marcus Camby and Kurt Thomas were serviceable players. You have to remember that the 98-99 season was lockout shortened, so who knows what seed they would have been had they played an entire season.

Sprewell, Houston, Ewing, Johnson > LeBron, Larry Hughes (the team's second leading scorer? really now...), Ilguaskas, and Drew Gooden.

Although I do agree that LeBron's playoff numbers aren't reflective of his overall performance.

Ewing didn't play in the Finals. He was injured in the ECF. Plus he only played well in the first round.

Oh, well excuse me for not being 67 years old like you and remembering the 1912 ABA Finals and what not. Razz

I'm 87 years old and there was no 1912 ABA Finals... don't make me take you eye out young man.




Kobe went 6-24 and choked in the finals, yet got MVP..

LMAO!! He scored 29+ points 4 times and never scored under 21 points in a single game. He got a double double in the last two games (11 and 15 rebounds respectively) from a shooting guard. Dropped 6 3's and 4 3's in two different games.

And the Lakers won the championship... Kobe could go 1 for 100 and if the Lakers win thats all that matters to me. It's totally debatable that Gasol deserved the MVP. Actually, I could care less if who won the Finals MVP.

Personally, I don't give a shit. I just wanted the Lakers to win.

See the difference?

No you don't.

Honestly, I only keep this up with you because I love making you look stupid.

I follow the Lakers. Not a singular players like you do. But I know more about every team than you do. I respect every person on this site... except you. You're just a Debbie Downer. I don't like that you call people out... save that shit for Y!A... this site is for friends and basketball and whatever is on our minds at the moment.

You just excel at being a douche bag.

LMFAO!

You know what? I'm gonna' do you a favor...

I gonna' leave you alone. I'm gonna' resist making you look foolish for awhile.

I'll let you be.

Because you bore me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: LeBron James is a playoffs choker   

Back to top Go down
 
LeBron James is a playoffs choker
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» LeBron: I'm Going To Be On The NBA's Mt. Rushmore
» Lebron James Classic results???
» Congratulations To the Dallas Mavericks
» Statistical proof that Lebron James is favored by the Refs
» Kirani James & the absent flag

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Basketball Talk :: General NBA Talk :: General NBA-
Jump to: