HomeHome  FAQFAQ  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  

Share | 

Warriors' Andris Biendris is sidelined for the rest of the season...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Warriors' Andris Biendris is sidelined for the rest of the season...   Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:32 pm

He injured himself..

So, that made the rookie Ekpe Udoh their starting C

He's averaging around 11/6/2.3 in his three games since Biendris went down...and is getting better and better

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Warriors' Andris Biendris is sidelined for the rest of the season...   Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:37 pm

All I ever see when I hear Ekpe Udoh is him under the basket wide open flailing his arms around and Ellis finally throwing it at him once two people see he's open and start covering him.

SG Aaron Afflalo
PG Ramon Sessions
6. F Matt Barnes
7. G Norris Cole
8. G/F Xavier Henry
9. C Omar Asik
10. C Hamed Haddidi
11. G Jordan Hamilton
12. G Darius Morris
--------------------------------
This is what Raza chooses to do with his mod powers:
[01:07:13] @ Raza : /molests the fuck outta john
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Warriors' Andris Biendris is sidelined for the rest of the season...   Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Hahha

The dude blocked 5 shots in just 18 minutes...when he's a starter, he finishes on high percents without using the ball to much. He can rebound well, although he needs to work on that aspect big time... still, he's doing fine

Back to top Go down
View user profile
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Warriors' Andris Biendris is sidelined for the rest of the season...   Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:52 pm

I love Ekpe, he has 10 times more heart than that lazy bastard Andris "I'm getting paid 11 million a year so I don't need to average a double-double anymore" Biedrins. Ekpe doesn't have a large skillset, but he does have an above average jump hook, a decent jumpshot and he can finish at the rim. He's not very strong which is why he isn't a good or even average rebounder yet, although he does have the potential to average 2.5 blocks per game. He's that good at blocking shots. I just view him as more of Shane Battier type of player, someone who does things that doesn't show on the boxscore, not someone with uber-potential like Cousins or Monroe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Warriors' Andris Biendris is sidelined for the rest of the season...   Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:02 pm

Good post Khai

I agree that he's not so good rebounder, he could use work on the glass because he's one of the worst per rebounders in the league i think. He needs to work on strength in the upper part of the body. But still, he's an average rebounder...still needs to work to become a great one

As for shot blocking, he's excellent one. He's averaging 2.3 so far, since Biendris went down.

He had a game with 5 blocked shots in just 18 minutes. He's got all of the needed things to be a great shot blocker and top defensive player.

Offense is still weak though, but he's of somewhat use because he doesn't need the ball to get points. He finishes straight at the rim, which is good in this situation. Overall, he still needs to put a lot of work to make himself better person. He works hard, so guess he'll have a pretty busy summer ahead of him.

He's doing fine so far even though he has flaws. Still, if he can work hard through the summer and improved, maybe he can make a good start like Oden did few years ago.

As for potential, i disagree. He's got the potential to be one of the best defenders for years and shot blockers. Also, he's finishing at high percentages without having a really polished offensive game. So, with few post moves, work on that shot and hook of his, he can be a somewhat 15-18 guy at best, with 10-11 boards and 2.5 blocks.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warriors' Andris Biendris is sidelined for the rest of the season...   

Back to top Go down

Warriors' Andris Biendris is sidelined for the rest of the season...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1