HomeHome  FAQFAQ  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  

Share | 
 

 Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28848
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:22 pm

What do you think of this top 15 list?


1.Oscar Robertson
2.Wilt Chamberlain
3.LeBron James
4.Larry Bird
5.Kareem Abdul Jabbar
6.Michael Jordan
7.Shaquille O'Neal
8.Jerry West
9.Kobe Bryant
10.Elgin Baylor
11.George Gervin
12.Julius Erving
13.Magic Johnson
14.Tim Duncan
15.Bernard King


Please, help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 3251
Points : 9708
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-06-13
Age : 9
Location : bay area,C.A

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:58 pm

I have a few questions thouhts...and than ill make a list BUT

1.Wilt chamberlain is first..what he did noone did..
2.Lebron should not be 3rd nor should he be higher than kobe
3.If shaq is on there,why isnt hakeem?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28848
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Thanks for reminding for Hakeem

I cannot believe how i didn't write his name on that list

Still, hopefully more of you will answer this question because i need a big help on this one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14149
Points : 27287
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:03 pm

The greatest offensive players in NBA histroy need to be able to do everything well on O... which is shoot from the outside [unless they're a C], shoot from mid range, score inside, pass, be a good free throw shooter, and handle the ball well for their position.

At least I think so.

Some players are just great scorers... and there's more to offense than just scoring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
avatar

Male Posts : 17831
Points : 31285
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Majic johnson should be higher..like nenad said..its way more to it then scoring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28848
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:31 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
The greatest offensive players in NBA histroy need to be able to do everything well on O... which is shoot from the outside [unless they're a C], shoot from mid range, score inside, pass, be a good free throw shooter, and handle the ball well for their position.

At least I think so.

Some players are just great scorers... and there's more to offense than just scoring.

Yeah, a good point

That's why i will rank Big O on top of anything...

Still, i'd like to see your list because i need a help on this one.

It's hard list to complete, but i want will do it anyway.

What's your list?

This isn't my definitely

Btw, is LeBron ranked too high or is ranked at the right place?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28848
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:31 pm

Jesus jr. wrote:
Majic johnson should be higher..like nenad said..its way more to it then scoring.

This isn't the final list

I'd like to see your list

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
avatar

Male Posts : 17831
Points : 31285
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:37 pm

hmm.. I need a couple days to compile a list..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28848
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:45 pm

Hah...


Name me something, at least the top 5 if it's easier for you...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
avatar

Male Posts : 17831
Points : 31285
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:58 pm

nah..its just important to get this right..just be patient
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28848
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:04 pm

Well..

I'm still thinking

I will write the part for the players which position is good in my opinion

As for the rest, i will be little patient

Smile

I need Nick to answer this

He'll help big time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 3251
Points : 9708
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-06-13
Age : 9
Location : bay area,C.A

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:21 pm

Kobe>Lebron:Offence.(In My Opinion)

My arguement:

Main Percentage and stats ONLY

Straigh Up ppg:
Kobe:35.4 ppg
Lebron:31.4
Winner:Kobe Bryant

Straight up Apg:
Kobe:6 apg
Lebron:8 apg
Winner:Lebron

Freethrow:
Kobe:870
Lebron:760
Winner:Kobe

3 point:
Kobe:340
Lebron:330
WInner:kobe

Kobe:3-1(in the main aspects)

________________________________________
The rest of my debate ill pst later
Where imm prove my point more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5845
Points : 15026
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 26
Location : East Coast

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:35 pm

Uh...why is LeBron so high?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28848
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:40 pm

He's a scoring machine and still has tons of assists

He scores 30 and contributes for another 10-15 points

He's nearly unstoppable, and is good from all areas expect from the line..

He's got additional a career scoring average over 27 points and is arguably the best non guard passer ever

What's your list?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5845
Points : 15026
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 26
Location : East Coast

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:50 pm

I don't think I'll be making a list lol, but I know I wouldn't have him ahead of MJ, Bird, Magic or Kobe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28848
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:57 pm

I have Kobe behind Shaq, Kareem, West, Wilt, LeBron, Big O...

I always thought Kobe as a scorer was one of the best, and he maybe has the finest offensive arsenal of them all, but then again he's 45% from the field for career...

LeBron, even though he isn't the complete scorer that Kobe is, is far more effective one, is a very dominant force on offense and is a phenomenal passer. I'd argue him even as the most productive offensive force ever, but maybe i'm just overrating him way too much

Btw, i have Kobe at 10...should i get him higher?I need some convincing arguments

I do have O'Neal at 8th...i think he should be around there. Not sure, he was better in offense than West and Kareem...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 3251
Points : 9708
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-06-13
Age : 9
Location : bay area,C.A

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:40 pm

John wrote:
Kobe>Lebron:Offence.(In My Opinion)

My arguement:

Main Percentage and stats ONLY

Straigh Up ppg:
Kobe:35.4 ppg
Lebron:31.4
Winner:Kobe Bryant

Straight up Apg:
Kobe:6 apg
Lebron:8 apg
Winner:Lebron

Freethrow:
Kobe:870
Lebron:760
Winner:Kobe

3 point:
Kobe:340
Lebron:330
WInner:kobe

Kobe:3-1(in the main aspects)


That was the stats,where kobe win.Now single games

Assists (high):
Lebron:15 assists
Kobe:15 assist
Tie

Game highs
Kobe:81,bunch of 60 points game
Lebron:56 points.
KOBE BY A LANDSLIDE

Resoning
Kobe can take over on offence..kobe is a better 3 points,mid range scorer than lebron,he can shoot from the line..and being a shooting gaurd he gets about 6 assists per game playing in the triangle...he can get ungaurdable..lebron is as goood offensivly than kobe..lebron at 3 is a joke..he should NOT be higher than KOBE..nor should he be higher than some of the other guys...

This is what sets kobe apart:
81 points
65 points
62 points
58 points
56 points
55 points
53 points
53 points
53 points
52 points
52 points
52 points
51 points
51 points
51 points
51 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
and his 100`s of 40 points gmes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdulâ„¢
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 2595
Points : 9207
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:43 pm

lol @ LeBron ahead of Jordan.... wow. I'm not even gonna say anything else in this thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 3251
Points : 9708
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-06-13
Age : 9
Location : bay area,C.A

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:13 pm

Lol @ lebron ahead of Kobe,jordan,larry bird,kareem,jerry west

and i gave my arguement..on kobe vs lebron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 12079
Points : 25120
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 241
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Where's Bill Russell?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14149
Points : 27287
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:25 pm

John wrote:

..lebron at 3 is a joke..


I agree that Kobe is better than LBJ on offense overall because of his mid-range shot and free throws.

but if LBJ is a joke when it comes to 3's.. then what is Kobe? Kobe in his career is a 34% 3 point shooter. LBJ is at 33%.

Both are average at best when it comes to 3's... they both hit them when they're feeling it.. and just average from 3 when they're having an average game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 3251
Points : 9708
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-06-13
Age : 9
Location : bay area,C.A

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
John wrote:

..lebron at 3 is a joke..


I agree that Kobe is better than LBJ on offense overall because of his mid-range shot and free throws.

but if LBJ is a joke when it comes to 3's.. then what is Kobe? Kobe in his career is a 34% 3 point shooter. LBJ is at 33%.

Both are average at best when it comes to 3's... they both hit them when they're feeling it.. and just average from 3 when they're having an average game.

Im saying lebron at 3rd place is a joke..not a 3 point range
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14149
Points : 27287
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:40 pm



whoops. I thought you meant LBJ at 3 as in shooting 3's haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28848
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:12 am

John wrote:
John wrote:
Kobe>Lebron:Offence.(In My Opinion)

My arguement:

Main Percentage and stats ONLY

Straigh Up ppg:
Kobe:35.4 ppg

Lebron:31.4
Winner:Kobe Bryant

Straight up Apg:
Kobe:6 apg
Lebron:8 apg
Winner:Lebron

Freethrow:
Kobe:870
Lebron:760
Winner:Kobe

3 point:
Kobe:340
Lebron:330
WInner:kobe

Kobe:3-1(in the main aspects)


That was the stats,where kobe win.Now single games

Assists (high):
Lebron:15 assists
Kobe:15 assist
Tie

Game highs
Kobe:81,bunch of 60 points game
Lebron:56 points.
KOBE BY A LANDSLIDE

Resoning
Kobe can take over on offence..kobe is a better 3 points,mid range scorer than lebron,he can shoot from the line..and being a shooting gaurd he gets about 6 assists per game playing in the triangle...he can get ungaurdable..lebron is as goood offensivly than kobe..lebron at 3 is a joke..he should NOT be higher than KOBE..nor should he be higher than some of the other guys...

This is what sets kobe apart:
81 points
65 points
62 points
58 points
56 points
55 points
53 points
53 points
53 points
52 points
52 points
52 points
51 points
51 points
51 points
51 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
and his 100`s of 40 points gmes

Hm..nice argument

Kobe's the better scorer however even in there, LeBron his dominance and is more effective

On top of that, he's one of the best passers in the league and has high assist averages.

So, he scores less than Kobe, involves his team mates more often and is good overall

He has 42 career games with 40 points

He ranked among the 10 league leaders in scoring and passing for couple of years. That's really productive and great offense
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
avatar

Male Posts : 17831
Points : 31285
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:27 am

John, when you misspell a word your computer doesn't tell you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   

Back to top Go down
 
Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Greatest attacking players of the last 20 years
» Best Offensive Players In The NFL- AFC North and AFC East
» Rock 'n' Roll's Greatest Piano Players
» CBS Sports' 50 greatest NBA players of all time: 20 Year Update
» Best Offensive Players In The NFL- AFC South and West

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Basketball Talk :: General NBA Talk :: History-
Jump to: