HomeHome  FAQFAQ  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  

Share | 
 

 Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28848
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

What do you think of this top 15 list?


1.Oscar Robertson
2.Wilt Chamberlain
3.LeBron James
4.Larry Bird
5.Kareem Abdul Jabbar
6.Michael Jordan
7.Shaquille O'Neal
8.Jerry West
9.Kobe Bryant
10.Elgin Baylor
11.George Gervin
12.Julius Erving
13.Magic Johnson
14.Tim Duncan
15.Bernard King


Please, help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 3251
Points : 9708
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-06-13
Age : 9
Location : bay area,C.A

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Darko wrote:
John wrote:
John wrote:
Kobe>Lebron:Offence.(In My Opinion)

My arguement:

Main Percentage and stats ONLY

Straigh Up ppg:
Kobe:35.4 ppg

Lebron:31.4
Winner:Kobe Bryant

Straight up Apg:
Kobe:6 apg
Lebron:8 apg
Winner:Lebron

Freethrow:
Kobe:870
Lebron:760
Winner:Kobe

3 point:
Kobe:340
Lebron:330
WInner:kobe

Kobe:3-1(in the main aspects)


That was the stats,where kobe win.Now single games

Assists (high):
Lebron:15 assists
Kobe:15 assist
Tie

Game highs
Kobe:81,bunch of 60 points game
Lebron:56 points.
KOBE BY A LANDSLIDE

Resoning
Kobe can take over on offence..kobe is a better 3 points,mid range scorer than lebron,he can shoot from the line..and being a shooting gaurd he gets about 6 assists per game playing in the triangle...he can get ungaurdable..lebron is as goood offensivly than kobe..lebron at 3 is a joke..he should NOT be higher than KOBE..nor should he be higher than some of the other guys...

This is what sets kobe apart:
81 points
65 points
62 points
58 points
56 points
55 points
53 points
53 points
53 points
52 points
52 points
52 points
51 points
51 points
51 points
51 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
and his 100`s of 40 points gmes

Hm..nice argument

Kobe's the better scorer however even in there, LeBron his dominance and is more effective

On top of that, he's one of the best passers in the league and has high assist averages.

So, he scores less than Kobe, involves his team mates more often and is good overall

He has 42 career games with 40 points

He ranked among the 10 league leaders in scoring and passing for couple of years. That's really productive and great offense

I agree that Lebron gets his team mates involved more,no doubt about it.What I am trying to say is that Kobe's scoring is of the chart and he still averages about 5 assists witch for a shooting guard is not bad.On the offensive end he is more deadly than Lebron,is stoppable in a way,while kobe is not,when kobe is feeling it,its the end of story.Kobe and him being a ball hog is over hyped.

53 points and 8 assists
52 points and 7 assists
51 points and 8 assists
49 points and 10 assists
45 points and 10 assists
44 points and 10 assists
44 points and 11 assists
42 points and 9 assists
40 points and 8 assists
49 points and 11 assists

There all done on over 50% also.There's many of these but it is overlooked,because when he takes over he shoots more,but he does pass and he does get a good number of assists for a shooting guard,close to 5 assists and in his prime years he averaged 6 assists and he still averaged 30 points.

Kobe is simply better than lebron on the offensive end.This is what sets him apart.


CLUTCH.

Kobe had more game winners in the last season than lebron did in his entire career,so you can't even use the Kobe played long Bullshit.You saw it this year,how lebron was in the crunch time.How can you have lebron ahead of Kobe, Michael Jordan,Larry Bird.

Kobe>Lebron.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28848
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:45 pm

John wrote:
Darko wrote:
John wrote:
John wrote:
Kobe>Lebron:Offence.(In My Opinion)

My arguement:

Main Percentage and stats ONLY

Straigh Up ppg:
Kobe:35.4 ppg

Lebron:31.4
Winner:Kobe Bryant

Straight up Apg:
Kobe:6 apg
Lebron:8 apg
Winner:Lebron

Freethrow:
Kobe:870
Lebron:760
Winner:Kobe

3 point:
Kobe:340
Lebron:330
WInner:kobe

Kobe:3-1(in the main aspects)


That was the stats,where kobe win.Now single games

Assists (high):
Lebron:15 assists
Kobe:15 assist
Tie

Game highs
Kobe:81,bunch of 60 points game
Lebron:56 points.
KOBE BY A LANDSLIDE

Resoning
Kobe can take over on offence..kobe is a better 3 points,mid range scorer than lebron,he can shoot from the line..and being a shooting gaurd he gets about 6 assists per game playing in the triangle...he can get ungaurdable..lebron is as goood offensivly than kobe..lebron at 3 is a joke..he should NOT be higher than KOBE..nor should he be higher than some of the other guys...

This is what sets kobe apart:
81 points
65 points
62 points
58 points
56 points
55 points
53 points
53 points
53 points
52 points
52 points
52 points
51 points
51 points
51 points
51 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
and his 100`s of 40 points gmes

Hm..nice argument

Kobe's the better scorer however even in there, LeBron his dominance and is more effective

On top of that, he's one of the best passers in the league and has high assist averages.

So, he scores less than Kobe, involves his team mates more often and is good overall

He has 42 career games with 40 points

He ranked among the 10 league leaders in scoring and passing for couple of years. That's really productive and great offense

I agree that Lebron gets his team mates involved more,no doubt about it.What I am trying to say is that Kobe's scoring is of the chart and he still averages about 5 assists witch for a shooting guard is not bad.On the offensive end he is more deadly than Lebron,is stoppable in a way,while kobe is not,when kobe is feeling it,its the end of story.Kobe and him being a ball hog is over hyped.

53 points and 8 assists
52 points and 7 assists
51 points and 8 assists
49 points and 10 assists
45 points and 10 assists
44 points and 10 assists
44 points and 11 assists
42 points and 9 assists
40 points and 8 assists
49 points and 11 assists

There all done on over 50% also.There's many of these but it is overlooked,because when he takes over he shoots more,but he does pass and he does get a good number of assists for a shooting guard,close to 5 assists and in his prime years he averaged 6 assists and he still averaged 30 points.

Kobe is simply better than lebron on the offensive end.This is what sets him apart.


CLUTCH.

Kobe had more game winners in the last season than lebron did in his entire career,so you can't even use the Kobe played long Bullshit.You saw it this year,how lebron was in the crunch time.How can you have lebron ahead of Kobe, Michael Jordan,Larry Bird.

Kobe>Lebron.

You shouldn't brought the part about clucth

It basically destroys your argument

I could point out that when Kobe's over 20 shots, he loses

Still, i like your argument

Back to top Go down
View user profile
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 3251
Points : 9708
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-06-13
Age : 9
Location : bay area,C.A

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Darko wrote:
John wrote:
Darko wrote:
John wrote:
John wrote:
Kobe>Lebron:Offence.(In My Opinion)

My arguement:

Main Percentage and stats ONLY

Straigh Up ppg:
Kobe:35.4 ppg

Lebron:31.4
Winner:Kobe Bryant

Straight up Apg:
Kobe:6 apg
Lebron:8 apg
Winner:Lebron

Freethrow:
Kobe:870
Lebron:760
Winner:Kobe

3 point:
Kobe:340
Lebron:330
WInner:kobe

Kobe:3-1(in the main aspects)


That was the stats,where kobe win.Now single games

Assists (high):
Lebron:15 assists
Kobe:15 assist
Tie

Game highs
Kobe:81,bunch of 60 points game
Lebron:56 points.
KOBE BY A LANDSLIDE

Resoning
Kobe can take over on offence..kobe is a better 3 points,mid range scorer than lebron,he can shoot from the line..and being a shooting gaurd he gets about 6 assists per game playing in the triangle...he can get ungaurdable..lebron is as goood offensivly than kobe..lebron at 3 is a joke..he should NOT be higher than KOBE..nor should he be higher than some of the other guys...

This is what sets kobe apart:
81 points
65 points
62 points
58 points
56 points
55 points
53 points
53 points
53 points
52 points
52 points
52 points
51 points
51 points
51 points
51 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
50 points
and his 100`s of 40 points gmes

Hm..nice argument

Kobe's the better scorer however even in there, LeBron his dominance and is more effective

On top of that, he's one of the best passers in the league and has high assist averages.

So, he scores less than Kobe, involves his team mates more often and is good overall

He has 42 career games with 40 points

He ranked among the 10 league leaders in scoring and passing for couple of years. That's really productive and great offense

I agree that Lebron gets his team mates involved more,no doubt about it.What I am trying to say is that Kobe's scoring is of the chart and he still averages about 5 assists witch for a shooting guard is not bad.On the offensive end he is more deadly than Lebron,is stoppable in a way,while kobe is not,when kobe is feeling it,its the end of story.Kobe and him being a ball hog is over hyped.

53 points and 8 assists
52 points and 7 assists
51 points and 8 assists
49 points and 10 assists
45 points and 10 assists
44 points and 10 assists
44 points and 11 assists
42 points and 9 assists
40 points and 8 assists
49 points and 11 assists

There all done on over 50% also.There's many of these but it is overlooked,because when he takes over he shoots more,but he does pass and he does get a good number of assists for a shooting guard,close to 5 assists and in his prime years he averaged 6 assists and he still averaged 30 points.

Kobe is simply better than lebron on the offensive end.This is what sets him apart.


CLUTCH.

Kobe had more game winners in the last season than lebron did in his entire career,so you can't even use the Kobe played long Bullshit.You saw it this year,how lebron was in the crunch time.How can you have lebron ahead of Kobe, Michael Jordan,Larry Bird.

Kobe>Lebron.

You shouldn't brought the part about clucth

It basically destroys your argument

I could point out that when Kobe's over 20 shots, he loses

Still, i like your argument


That`s this year.Were talking about in there prime.In his good years.
They couldnt have one without him attempting more than 20 shots.
But when it comes to the last minuts of the game,kobe kills lebron there.
But anyway,i would like to see your side of the debate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5894
Points : 15460
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 94
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:23 pm

1.Kareem Abdul Jabbar
2.Wilt Chamberlain
3.Michael Jordan
4.Larry Bird
5.Kobe Bryant
6.Jerry West
7.Rick Barry
8.George Gervin
9.Dominique Wilkins
10.Hakeem Olajuwon
11.Pete Maravich
12.Magic Johnson
13.Shaq
14.Moses Malone
15.Karl Malone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28848
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:10 am

Thanks Nick!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 3251
Points : 9708
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-06-13
Age : 9
Location : bay area,C.A

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:29 pm

So whats your list
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
avatar

Male Posts : 14143
Points : 28848
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:58 am

It's changed...

I might change it again!

1.Big O
2.Wilt
3.MJ
4.Bird
5.Kobe
6.Kareem
7.West
8.Magic
9.LeBron
10.Shaq
11.Hakeem
12.Baylor
13.Gervin
14.Archibald
15.King
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
avatar

Male Posts : 3251
Points : 9708
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-06-13
Age : 9
Location : bay area,C.A

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:15 pm

righting all that has really played off. Very Happy ..even though you changed it after seeing nicks list,but still ill take that as a victory
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
avatar

Male Posts : 5894
Points : 15460
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 94
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:31 pm

Darko wrote:
It's changed...

I might change it again!

1.Big O
2.Wilt
3.MJ
4.Bird
5.Kobe
6.Kareem
7.West
8.Magic
9.LeBron
10.Shaq
11.Hakeem
12.Baylor
13.Gervin
14.Archibald
15.King

I like your list.

I don't agree with the rankings or some players.

LeBron, Archibald? No Rick Barry? That just doesn't make sense.

But it's your list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History   

Back to top Go down
 
Greatest Offensive Players In The NBA History
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Greatest attacking players of the last 20 years
» Best Offensive Players In The NFL- AFC North and AFC East
» Rock 'n' Roll's Greatest Piano Players
» CBS Sports' 50 greatest NBA players of all time: 20 Year Update
» Best Offensive Players In The NFL- AFC South and West

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Basketball Talk :: General NBA Talk :: History-
Jump to: