HomeHome  FAQFAQ  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  

Share | 

Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 815

PostSubject: Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?   Sat May 21, 2011 1:48 am

2nd round pick from T'Wolves
Mike Beasley (Fills a need, can play BOTH Forward spots but mainly SF)
Ricky Rubio (Who cares about this fucker?)

for

Danny Granger (Overrated chuker).

If the Pacers do this trade I will be on the bandwagon! lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?   Sat May 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Beasley is a shot chucker, too...especially with the leading scorer role. Maybe even worse than Granger.

I agree with the Rubio part
And a second round pick...well it's a pick and those always help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?   Sun May 22, 2011 8:12 pm

Grangers now 28 or something and still hasen't done much with the franchise (except for the playoff trip they had this year) but that was manly due to the development of George, Collison and Hansborough + the new coach.

Beasley is now 23 and is at the same level as Granger if not better. hes a better score imo. and Rubio. well Rubio and Beasley would be good but why would you want Rubio if you got Collison?

and is this a real trade offer or did you just make this up :S?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quality
College Baller
College Baller

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?   Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:28 pm

A bit one sided imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.onthehum.blogspot.com/
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?   Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Minny definitely would not benefit from this trade.
Granger is not a go-to guy for a franchise at all.
Rather, just a solid 3rd option to me.

This trade could help Indiana but I don't think it would be significant.
Indiana may even be the same team, rendering the trade pointless.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?   Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:59 pm

Someone who's averaged 20+ PPG for 5 seasons straight should not be a third option...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?   Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:00 pm

Ooooooh Yeaahhhhh wrote:
Minny definitely would not benefit from this trade.
Granger is not a go-to guy for a franchise at all.
Rather, just a solid 3rd option to me.

This trade could help Indiana but I don't think it would be significant.
Indiana may even be the same team, rendering the trade pointless.

Jal, you're doing good, but on the last one you should write... 'Indiana may even be the same team; rendering the trade pointless', or don't have a semicolon or comma and just put 'Indiana may even be the same team rendering the trade pointless.' Also, spell out '3rd' to 'third'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?   Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:23 pm

Minnesoda is a team filled with 'young pieces'

Flynn, Love, Johnson, Beasley, Randolph, Milicic (sort of), Webster

....how much has 'young team' benefited them?

This draft isn't a home run, Williams might not even be better than Beasley so I do think the best thing for Minny to do is trade the pick for a straight up good player

Aside from Love, Granger will end up the best player on the team.

As for Indiana their team just straight up isn't that great so it makes sense for them to 'start over'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?   Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:27 pm

Raza wrote:
Someone who's averaged 20+ PPG for 5 seasons straight should not be a third option...

Technically, Granger averaged over 20 PPG only 3 times in his career.

But Jaleesa might be right about the 3rd option remark. What has Granger done in the past 4 years as the first option? Not much. Brought his team to the playoffs once and only won 1 game in the playoffs. Also in the past 4 years his FG% has only been about 43%.

it's easy to put up a lot of points when you're the best scorer on a bad team. There's a lot of shots for you to take.

You think Granger would be a #1 option on a championship team? Hell no. How about 2nd option on a championship team? I would say no.

Look at Bosh. Who would have ever thought that he would be a 3rd option? But he is now...

I don't wanna speak for Jaleesa, but maybe that's what she meant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?   Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:28 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:

But Jaleesa might be right about the 3rd option remark. What has Granger done in the past 4 years as the first option? Not much. Brought his team to the playoffs once and only won 1 game in the playoffs. Also in the past 4 years his FG% has only been about 43%.

it's easy to put up a lot of points when you're the best scorer on a bad team. There's a lot of shots for you to take.

You think Granger would be a #1 option on a championship team? Hell no. How about 2nd option on a championship team? I would say no.

Look at Bosh. Who would have ever thought that he would be a 3rd option? But he is now...

pale

I lose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?   Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:13 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Raza wrote:

Hes still miles ahead against anyone in Minny not named Kevin Love.....And id be surprised if Derrick Wiliams or Beasley end up surpassing the guy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?   Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:16 pm

I would try to keep Rubio though

He said hes coming to Minny to play and he will help em sell some seats
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?   Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:22 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Raza wrote:

cheers

You pretty much covered my thoughts surrounding Granger.

If I was building a franchise, I would not choose him as my go-to guy to bring a championship to my team. In addition, there are other players out there that are much better choices for 2nd option players for a team. He isn't terrible though and has his strengths...enough to be a 3rd option at most.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?   Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:45 pm

Granger, third option? Fail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?   Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:15 pm

I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?   Today at 11:02 pm

Back to top Go down

Should the Indiana Pacers accept the trade offers?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1