HomeHome  FAQFAQ  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  

Share | 

Knicks working out Bonzi Wells thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Knicks working out Bonzi Wells thoughts?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:07 pm

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/.../new-york-knicks-work-out-bonzi-wells

Bonzi Wells used to be beast but hasn't played in the NBA for 2 years & has had disciplinary problems in the past. The guy could score in bunches & he has a wide frame made for the NBA & to rack up rebounds galore. He can be a good player off the bench if he makes the team as a SF/PF. Reports say that it looks like he hasn't missed a beat and is running the floor well and scoring well and playing some solid d. If he can do what Boris Diaw did for Mike D in PHX I think the match can be a success.

In the playoffs when he was in Sacramento he averaged 23 PPG and 12 RPG & in Portland he averaged 15-17 PPG off the bench. His last year in the NBA in HOU with TMAC still playing good in HOU Wells averaged 9 PPG in 21 MPG not shabby at all

yeah he's 34 a bit up there in age but the Knicks are a young team and can use a few more vets. Trade away Walker and Rautins. He can still possibly be a good bench player better than Jeffries or Turiaf on par or better than Shawne. Of our FA's we'd keep Shawne and decide to keep Turiaf or Jeffries (1 of them will go).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdulâ„¢
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Knicks working out Bonzi Wells thoughts?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:34 pm

I don't giva fuck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Knicks working out Bonzi Wells thoughts?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:37 pm

Damn! I remember Bonzi Wells, I was wondering what happened to him. I think Knicks would be smart if they could get him for a minimum and get rid of some of the other guy then I think that'd be smart. Although, I don't know how good of a gamble this is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Knicks working out Bonzi Wells thoughts?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:45 pm

At this point in his career, I personally do not see him to a huge difference maker.
So I hope the Knicks do not intend on spending a lot of money just to acquire him for their roster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Knicks working out Bonzi Wells thoughts?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks working out Bonzi Wells thoughts?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Ooooooh Yeaahhhhh wrote:
At this point in his career, I personally do not see him to a huge difference maker.
So I hope the Knicks do not intend on spending a lot of money just to acquire him for their roster.

Dont think we'd spend much homie but he def worth a roster spot over Shelden freaking Williams and Roger Mason JR haha. People thought we were crazy to invest in Shawne Williams & look at what he did this yr 1 of premier 3 pt shooters and scored off the bench in decent minutes. But I hear ya Shawne is 24 & was 2 yrs removed from the NBA and Bonzi is 34 and 2 yrs removed from NBA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Knicks working out Bonzi Wells thoughts?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:26 pm

I love Bonzi Wells. Pay him 60 million dollars. Guy is awesome.

SG Aaron Afflalo
PG Ramon Sessions
6. F Matt Barnes
7. G Norris Cole
8. G/F Xavier Henry
9. C Omar Asik
10. C Hamed Haddidi
11. G Jordan Hamilton
12. G Darius Morris
--------------------------------
This is what Raza chooses to do with his mod powers:
[01:07:13] @ Raza : /molests the fuck outta john
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks working out Bonzi Wells thoughts?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Whats not to like? wrote:
I love Bonzi Wells. Pay him 60 million dollars. Guy is awesome.

Think he learned his lesson after he denied a 30 mil multi-year extension by Sacramento after he averaged 23/12 in those playoffs haha. He was jobless and playing in China these last 2 years where he averaged like 40 PPG or something like that haha. Anyways yeah Bonzi Wells if he's like a Boris Diaw would be a great addition to our bench. If not I still would take him over Shelden, Mason, Rautins, Derrick Brown he wont bust it that bad haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Knicks working out Bonzi Wells thoughts?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Has NY given up on Rautins already?

SG Aaron Afflalo
PG Ramon Sessions
6. F Matt Barnes
7. G Norris Cole
8. G/F Xavier Henry
9. C Omar Asik
10. C Hamed Haddidi
11. G Jordan Hamilton
12. G Darius Morris
--------------------------------
This is what Raza chooses to do with his mod powers:
[01:07:13] @ Raza : /molests the fuck outta john
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks working out Bonzi Wells thoughts?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Well we deactivated him very early into the second half of the season cause he was injured or something and he's just gone through some surgery in the off-season. But even before all this he only played in 5 games this season for like 5 MPG in garbage time and when he was healthy. He's also an easy contract to trade away. So I would say so or I hope so, he's not gonna be that good nor do we need him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knicks working out Bonzi Wells thoughts?   

Back to top Go down

Knicks working out Bonzi Wells thoughts?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1